Jump to content


Photo

Where should i go?


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Buen Amigo

Buen Amigo

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 597 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:51 AM

So many dentists that you guys recommend. Where do you recommend going? I need a root canal done, and put a crown on it. I also have an existing crown that has cracked and needs to be replaced with a new crown. And i need cleening. Where should i go and about how much do you guys think it will run me? Again, i hate dentist, bad experiences in the past, so am looking for gentile as possible. I know that does not exist but it's worth a shot

I do live in TJ but work in the U.S. I do have insurance, and went to do a check up here on the U.S. side. That's what they found i needed. My insurance covers most of it, but out of my pocket i still have to pay $2,700.00. I was like ohmy.gif So i am guessing that with that amount i can get a new mouth in TJ. So your guys' input would be appreciated in this matter. I have read the other post regaurding dentist, but am undecided at the time. Would appreciate guidance. Thanx in advance....

#2 CB

CB

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:38 PM

go here in the zona rio by the funeral parlors.

root canal and crown should be around 400.

very nice state of the art.

bajadentistry.com



#3 George Costanza

George Costanza

    Valued Contributor

  • Root Admin
  • 1,429 posts
  • Location:Tijuana
  • Interests:Discos

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:04 AM

Bartell dental group

I just used Bartell Dental group they have been around for decades and do good quality work. They saved a tooth that I was sure was a goner and did some other general dentistry. Their prices were about 30-40 percent below the US prices and that included my insurance.
Tijuana is much more than Revolution ave
I am now George Constanza - Lord of the idiots :)

#4 DaveInTJ

DaveInTJ
  • Advanced Member
  • 5 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tijuana

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (Buen Amigo @ Jul 25 2009, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So many dentists that you guys recommend. Where do you recommend going? I need a root canal done, and put a crown on it. I also have an existing crown that has cracked and needs to be replaced with a new crown. And i need cleening. Where should i go and about how much do you guys think it will run me? Again, i hate dentist, bad experiences in the past, so am looking for gentile as possible. I know that does not exist but it's worth a shot

I do live in TJ but work in the U.S. I do have insurance, and went to do a check up here on the U.S. side. That's what they found i needed. My insurance covers most of it, but out of my pocket i still have to pay $2,700.00. I was like ohmy.gif So i am guessing that with that amount i can get a new mouth in TJ. So your guys' input would be appreciated in this matter. I have read the other post regaurding dentist, but am undecided at the time. Would appreciate guidance. Thanx in advance....


Dra. Cristina J. Hernández A.
(664)638-1270 From USA 01152(664)638-1270
You will be very happy
A teacher that teaches future dentists in the morning works with her sister in the afternoon.
Very inexpensive had bridges crowns fillings every cavity since a kid changed to none amalgam
The way I remember it I did ALL for less than your deductible for one tooth.

Map


The prices in Mexico are so good I have met people all the way from Germany getting work done.

You are doing the right thing anywhere you go for medical work of any kind check with others get two opinions at a minimum.
A problem you will run into in the medical profession is no one is willing to tell you about a bad doctor.
You need to talk to other patients.


#5 Buen Amigo

Buen Amigo

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 597 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

Yeah i know what you guys mean. Thanks for the input. If any other posters come in please leave your recommendations. I tell you guys, i was shocked at the price here in Cali. Then the light bulb in my head went on, and well now i am just going to stick to that kinda stuff here in TJ. Plus the dental office here in cali wanted me to come in like 6 times. I really don't think it will take that long. I am an in, getter done, an out kind guy. I dont have time to be taking days off of work. But your replies are helpful. Thnx.

#6 DaveInTJ

DaveInTJ
  • Advanced Member
  • 5 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tijuana

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (Buen Amigo @ Jul 27 2009, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah i know what you guys mean. Thanks for the input. If any other posters come in please leave your recommendations. I tell you guys, i was shocked at the price here in Cali. Then the light bulb in my head went on, and well now i am just going to stick to that kinda stuff here in TJ. Plus the dental office here in cali wanted me to come in like 6 times. I really don't think it will take that long. I am an in, getter done, an out kind guy. I dont have time to be taking days off of work. But your replies are helpful. Thnx.


I don't know your dentist but I had a friend that wanted to get a bunch done made a appointment when she could schedule 2-4 hours Just for him you might ask you dentist if he can do the same.

Somethings need at least two visits, have to wait for the swelling to normalize

Dave

The crime and kidnapping have killed the medical industry
Times are very slow for doctors ask for a good price you may be very surprised.



#7 sdc

sdc

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 937 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Diego

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:34 PM

Thanks for the advise Dave I need to go to the dentist too I'll probably just go there.
"What do you think this is Happy Days?"




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users