Jump to content


Photo

Ensenada questions ?


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 George Costanza

George Costanza

    Valued Contributor

  • Root Admin
  • 1,429 posts
  • Location:Tijuana
  • Interests:Discos

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:49 PM

Where is the casino I keep hearing about and what kind of games do they have there?
Tijuana is much more than Revolution ave
I am now George Constanza - Lord of the idiots :)

#2 groyalc

groyalc
  • Advanced Member
  • 55 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mission Hills
  • Interests:Mexico, food, motorcycles

Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:46 PM

I thought I saw a casino near papas and beer at the end of the block on that main drag. I doid not go inside though.

#3 zunigan

zunigan

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 422 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:La Verne/California/USA

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:00 PM

Do they even have one? I would like to know where. Wish there was a good one with card games in Tijuana.

#4 Chiquito

Chiquito

    Pendejo

  • Advanced Member
  • 1,221 posts
  • Location:San Diego / Tijuana
  • Interests:Drinking vodka while cleaning loaded guns.

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:13 PM

Many of the Caliente betting places now have gambling machines. Putting more money into Jorge Hank Rhon's pockets sickens me though.

#5 zunigan

zunigan

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 422 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:La Verne/California/USA

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:01 PM

Never thought of it that way.

#6 tijuanalunchbunch

tijuanalunchbunch
  • Advanced Member
  • 96 posts
  • Location:SoCal-Baja
  • Interests:Cycling, sci-fi, music

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:32 AM

I'll ask my buddy about this. He has an internet cafe nearby. There was a casino there back in the mid 1900s - it is now the Cultural Center for Ensenada.


jim
Somewhere between San Diego and Ensenada
skype: bajimja

#7 galvezis

galvezis

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 359 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Playas de Tijuana
  • Interests:Blogs, FTA, Sports, My Kids

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:18 PM

The Caliente machines are not slot machines. They are class II gaming machines or bingo machines. Yes, they are bingo machines. If you take a close look at one you'll see the bingo balls/numbers just above the fake reels. The slot machines you play at real casinos (Viejas, Sycuan, Pechanga, etc.) are class III just like in Vegas. The difference between them is really drastic. For one thing on class II you are playing against other people not the slot machine itself. Also, the payback percentage is TERRIBLE!!! I work in the business...that's why I know this!

#8 tijuanalunchbunch

tijuanalunchbunch
  • Advanced Member
  • 96 posts
  • Location:SoCal-Baja
  • Interests:Cycling, sci-fi, music

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:34 AM

Okay, just heard from my buddy, Omar, and he says the slot machines do not pay in cash but give you a prize. That prize can be redeemed for cash - thereby going around the law against casinos in Mexico. It is named Rio. Beyond that, you should make the trip and check it out.


jim
Somewhere between San Diego and Ensenada
skype: bajimja

#9 Chiquito

Chiquito

    Pendejo

  • Advanced Member
  • 1,221 posts
  • Location:San Diego / Tijuana
  • Interests:Drinking vodka while cleaning loaded guns.

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:08 PM

No machines pay cash anymore. Gone is the rush noise of a thousand quarters falling. Not in Tijuana, Indian casinos, Las Vegas nor Renos. sad.gif




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users