Jump to content


Photo

Family Activities?


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nocaute

Nocaute
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Location:San Diego

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:14 PM

If any of you are very familiar with Ensenada, perhaps you could tell me of some fun things I could do with my almost-12-year-old son? I am looking to take him on an enriching 2, 1 night day trip. Are there things like horseback riding, snorkling, cultural demonstrations? Or should I look into another city? If so, it would have to be where I can find cheap public transportation. Also, cheap, safe hotels would be valuable information.

Thanks guys!

#2 the.ronin

the.ronin

    Valued Contributor

  • Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:18 PM

La Bufadora which is less than an hour drive from Ensenada, if I recall correctly, does have a number of family-friendly activities.

#3 sdc

sdc

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 937 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Diego

Posted 10 May 2006 - 01:49 PM

There is always a fishing trip out of Ensenada as well.....

#4 TJDave

TJDave

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 489 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ocean Beach... (San Diego)

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:43 PM

(sdc)
There is always a fishing trip out of Ensenada as well.....


Did somebody say fishing... as in deep sea fishing???

Let's go!

#5 the.ronin

the.ronin

    Valued Contributor

  • Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 06:42 PM

(TJDave)
(sdc)
There is always a fishing trip out of Ensenada as well.....



Did somebody say fishing... as in deep sea fishing???

Let's go!


I went old skool fishing at Popotla with my girlfriend's dad ... I'm talking twine and bait and a very sore arm. Not to mention near death slips on those friggin rocks. Didn't even catch so much as stray trash to show for it. Not so much.

#6 TJDave

TJDave

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 489 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ocean Beach... (San Diego)

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:11 PM

(the.ronin)
(TJDave)
(sdc)
There is always a fishing trip out of Ensenada as well.....



Did somebody say fishing... as in deep sea fishing???

Let's go!


I went old skool fishing at Popotla with my girlfriend's dad ... I'm talking twine and bait and a very sore arm. Not to mention near death slips on those friggin rocks. Didn't even catch so much as stray trash to show for it. Not so much.




Ronnie... I'm talking about going out on a boat, with fishing poles... Ensenada has some good fishing, big tuna at the right time of year... makes for a nice day.

I haven't been for over a year... I need to go.

#7 sdc

sdc

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 937 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Diego

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:43 PM

TJDave,

Lets make a date and do it....my girl would be in too...any time....Seriously I love going out on a day boat....it's a lot shorter trip out tooo from Ensenada....Lez do dis....

#8 TJDave

TJDave

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 489 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ocean Beach... (San Diego)

Posted 11 May 2006 - 09:31 PM

(sdc)
TJDave,

Lets make a date and do it....my girl would be in too...any time....Seriously I love going out on a day boat....it's a lot shorter trip out tooo from Ensenada....Lez do dis....


Either May 19th (Fri) / 20th (Sat)...or June 2nd (Fri) / 3rd(Sat). Should be just picking up about then. If you want to go on one of the Fridays, I need some heads up so I can schedule it. I think I would prefer a Friday actually... (less crowds).

My girl will be in attendance too.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users