Jump to content


Photo

Them changes - Sed de Vino, wine and more!


  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JimLane

JimLane
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Mountain and road bikes, belly dancing, sci-fi and wine

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:37 AM


Went to Ensenada this weekend and checked out the happenings since I was last there about 16-18 months ago.

Sed de Vino is gone, replaced by Capricho's - a Riedel Winebar. They feature most of the wines and wineries from Valle de Guadalupe and it is a wide and impressive selection. They had - on their shelves - a couple of different California wines. I do not know much more than that as I was not able to spend the time there that I wanted to. I was hoping to settle the "no California wines in Mexico" issue but can not - other than the comment I made above. I'll continue to dig into this.

The other big note is La Taberna has opened and the grand opening will be the weekend of the 24th. They had a very limited menu in place, but had all the Tijuana Brewery beers on hand. I have settled on Morena as my new favorite Mexican beer, surplanting Negra Modelo. If you are familiar with the main tourist drag, it is now in the four-story, yellow-fronted building - although they have a very impressive metal beam and glass door in place. It is just up the block from Jack in the Box.

A new, yet to be named place featuring Mexican hotdogs, hamburgers and bratwurst (excellent) has opened across the street from Cafe Pueblo - which is across the same street from Papas and Beer. Ricardo and his German wife, Karin, do all of it them selves. They fresh-cut their fries right on the spot.

Lotsa changes.


jim

somewhere between San Diego and Ensenada




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users