This 24hr pharmacy is located in Plaza Rio. They cater mostly to locals and you will not be tourist price gouging here. They are a chain with locations all over TJ.
Gusher Pharmacies Zona Rio
Started by George Costanza, May 30 2005 03:44 PM
6 replies to this topic
#1
Posted 30 May 2005 - 03:44 PM
#2
Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:45 AM
Ask for their 20% discount card.
Living with one foot one each on side of the border.
#3
Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:17 AM
Be careful they are checking for drugs from pharmacies. I was stopped Friday night right were the taxis drop you off on the east side of the freeway. :!:
#4
Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:40 PM
Gusher in Plaza Rio has good prices with the 26% discount card. The discount is off the government price control.
I have found that Famacia Especialidades is cheaper. It is frequented by locals. It is located on Paseo de los Heroes. Go east, past Plaza Rio, pass the warrior and Abraham Lincoln glorietas. It is at the South East corner of the man on horseback glorieta, right next to Casa de Mole. Here is the map.
http://www.tijuanaon...s/mole/map.html
I have always found brand drugs cheaper at Farmacia Especialidades. They are not open Sunday and close at 9pm.
Gusher has the advantage of being open 24 hours 7 days a week. I go to Gusher when I can't get it from Farmacia Especialidades.
If I have a proscription from a Mexican doctor, I declare it at the U.S. border. Sometimes I declare something else I bought. Rules to stay out of trouble. Lying to a U.S. federal officer is a crime. Don't do it! Martha Stuart did time for this. I have declared a couple bottles of anti-biotics several times without a proscription and got let through. Amounts larger than personal use will be suspect. Have a Mexican proscription for any controlled substance in Mexico (this includes anti-depressants). A U.S. proscription has no value under Mexican law. Do not bring any medications which are used recreationally by idiots without a proscription.
I have found that Famacia Especialidades is cheaper. It is frequented by locals. It is located on Paseo de los Heroes. Go east, past Plaza Rio, pass the warrior and Abraham Lincoln glorietas. It is at the South East corner of the man on horseback glorieta, right next to Casa de Mole. Here is the map.
http://www.tijuanaon...s/mole/map.html
I have always found brand drugs cheaper at Farmacia Especialidades. They are not open Sunday and close at 9pm.
Gusher has the advantage of being open 24 hours 7 days a week. I go to Gusher when I can't get it from Farmacia Especialidades.
If I have a proscription from a Mexican doctor, I declare it at the U.S. border. Sometimes I declare something else I bought. Rules to stay out of trouble. Lying to a U.S. federal officer is a crime. Don't do it! Martha Stuart did time for this. I have declared a couple bottles of anti-biotics several times without a proscription and got let through. Amounts larger than personal use will be suspect. Have a Mexican proscription for any controlled substance in Mexico (this includes anti-depressants). A U.S. proscription has no value under Mexican law. Do not bring any medications which are used recreationally by idiots without a proscription.
#5
Posted 18 October 2005 - 07:31 AM
What is a proxy chain?
A Proxy chain is a connection of 2 or more proxy servers. ProxyWay allows to work with any Internet service through a proxy chain of SOCKS or HTTP proxies. Using the program you can create proxy services (cascades/chains) with any number of proxy servers (supports HTTP, HTTPS, SOCKS4 and SOCKS5) to provide IP address security and tunnel Internet activity through proxy servers.
http://www.socksproxylist.com
A Proxy chain is a connection of 2 or more proxy servers. ProxyWay allows to work with any Internet service through a proxy chain of SOCKS or HTTP proxies. Using the program you can create proxy services (cascades/chains) with any number of proxy servers (supports HTTP, HTTPS, SOCKS4 and SOCKS5) to provide IP address security and tunnel Internet activity through proxy servers.
http://www.socksproxylist.com
#6
Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:24 AM
QUOTE (Pieancho @ Sep 13 2005, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ask for their 20% discount card.
Actually, if you really live in Tijuana and have an ID with a local address, you can get a 32% discount card. You need to ask for it and they will ask you for a copy of the ID and a credential size photo. It's supposed to be free.
Otherwise, with no discount card, Gusher is a little expensive. Look for a "La+Barata" -or "La Mas Barata"- (wich stands for "the cheaper"), or a "Farmacia Milenio"... they also have good prices.
#7
Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:46 AM
QUOTE (Roger75 @ Dec 23 2010, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, if you really live in Tijuana and have an ID with a local address, you can get a 32% discount card. You need to ask for it and they will ask you for a copy of the ID and a credential size photo. It's supposed to be free.
Otherwise, with no discount card, Gusher is a little expensive. Look for a "La+Barata" -or "La Mas Barata"- (wich stands for "the cheaper"), or a "Farmacia Milenio"... they also have good prices.
Otherwise, with no discount card, Gusher is a little expensive. Look for a "La+Barata" -or "La Mas Barata"- (wich stands for "the cheaper"), or a "Farmacia Milenio"... they also have good prices.
The prices are actually decent WITH the discount card. You can take your FM2/3 visa and a bill with your address on it with the photo to get the id. Plus, you even get the discount on the newspapers and non-medicinal items.
Farmacias Similares is pretty good as well as La Mas Barata. I still have yet to patronize Farmacia Milenio.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users











