I found this club last week. It appears to be brand new and is on Agua Caliente across for Xolo Tacos.....Not more than a mile down the road from where Rev becomes Agua Caliente. I have a business card, but my eyes are so bad I cannot read the address. Phone number 681-7972
I have been the last two Wednesdays to listen to my friends play. They play rock from the 80's in both Spanish and English....you will here familiar tunes from Creedence Clearwater Revival, Jim Morrison and the Doors, The Beatles, The Eagles, Pink Floyd, etc.
They start around 10pm and play until closing and the place unfortunately has very few customers. I was in a group of 3 and although I did not look at the prices, we had an order of Nachos....maybe 20 beers and a couple of Pina Coladas....and the bill was $63 US. They have a full bar and a small menu of appetizers and sandwiches.
Now I go see these guys play nearly every Friday and at that place (Hugo's) they pack the room and the amount of fun in that place should be illegal.
Anyway back to this new bar......It bothered me that in a city of nearly 2 million that there were only like 10 people in the place and that the quality of the music and the quality of the bar should demand big crowds. I know that Wednesday is not "date" night but just have to feel that the biggest problem is that people just have not found it yet.
Anyway I wanted to post this to see if anyone would be interested in visiting this Wednesday the 13th. At Hugos on Friday they get a 40 something crowd for the most part, and the people are so nice. I am always the only gringo in that place and they embrace me as a local and I enjoy the interaction with those folks. I think this place could have similar success if they hang in there until the word gets out.
If anyone is interested you can pm me or just show up...
Although I don't get to this site often. I will check in this next week to see if there is any interest.










