I saw Dra. Rocio Pizarro Tames last month for a tooth that was hurting. Dra. Tamez was friendly and professional, she gave a thorough cleaning and diagnosed the issue as a cracked filling. We set up an appointment for 2 weeks later to get the filling replaced by her associate Dra. Raquel Carillo Sanchez.
When I came back they were rather busy, apparently Dra. Sanchez was back from vacation and there was a lot of work piled up for her. Overall the replacement of the filling went well but Dra. Sanchez did not speak to me during the process, she spent the whole time talking to her coworkers about her vacation which was a bit annoying. When I am stuck in a chair with someone's hands in my mouth I like them to at least let me know what is going on every once in a while.
The cost for the replacement was $50 and the facility is very nice and clean with modern equipment and a gated parking garage under the building. They are located in Plaza Rio right off Paseo de Los Heroes, there is a map on their website.
I would recommend them with the caveat that they I would have preferred the dentist (Dra. Sanchez) had talked to me during the procedure. Both dentists spoke excellent English.
For what it's worth both the dentists were also pretty cute.
www.bajadentalgroup.com
2909 Mision de Mulege Suite 102
Zona Rio
Tel-290-084
Baja Dental - Dra Tames
Started by AllenSmithee, May 15 2011 09:14 AM
2 replies to this topic
#1
Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:14 AM
#2
Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:57 PM
So a little over a month later my tooth with the new filling is hurting again, like the new filing is loose. The previous filling lasted 25 years! I'm a little irked as I felt the dentist wasn't really paying attention to what she was doing. So tomorrow I'm going to see Dr. Bartell who was recommended by many on this site. I'll post another review once I know more, I still think Dr. Tames did a good job, but her partner Dr. Sanchez is on probation as far as I'm concerned.
#3
Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:28 AM
I have heard nothing but good about Dr. Bartell. However, I believe he operates a clinic, so I don't know if you'll actually see him or another dentist.
I've been happy with:
Dr. Raul Mendiola R.
Plaza Fiesta - Paseo de los Heroes #9415 - 5B
Zona Rio, Tijuana B.C.
011-52 (664) 634-0933
(He speaks excellent English.)
Others have also posted about dentists they recommend. Hopefully you'll find a dentist that will take good care of you.
I've been happy with:
Dr. Raul Mendiola R.
Plaza Fiesta - Paseo de los Heroes #9415 - 5B
Zona Rio, Tijuana B.C.
011-52 (664) 634-0933
(He speaks excellent English.)
Others have also posted about dentists they recommend. Hopefully you'll find a dentist that will take good care of you.
2 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users










