Jump to content


Photo

House Rentals Tijuana-Rosarito-Dog_yard


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jdj

jdj
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:48 AM

I will be moving to the Tijuana area in the next month after retiring from my job. I have rented in Rosarito in the past and have been going to the baja area for many years but I dont know all the areas. I have been looking on craglist mostly and there are few houses I like but it is hard because of my dog. He is an 8 year old German Sheperd trained and I consider him to be part of the family I hope I can find a place that will accept him he is a real nice dog. I dont want to pay no more than $800 a month and hopefully something with a decent size yard. I also like internet access but the two together might be hard. I cant wait to be in Mexico I just hope everything works out. thank you

#2 Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 245 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Playas de Rosarito, BC, Mexico
  • Interests:American single female living in Baja for the past 2 years; 1 year in Tijuana and 1 year in Rosarito with my dogs. Not the typical American as I've traveled all over the world to 20+ countries and consider myself a citizen of the world.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (jdj @ Jan 11 2011, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will be moving to the Tijuana area in the next month after retiring from my job. I have rented in Rosarito in the past and have been going to the baja area for many years but I dont know all the areas. I have been looking on craglist mostly and there are few houses I like but it is hard because of my dog. He is an 8 year old German Sheperd trained and I consider him to be part of the family I hope I can find a place that will accept him he is a real nice dog. I dont want to pay no more than $800 a month and hopefully something with a decent size yard. I also like internet access but the two together might be hard. I cant wait to be in Mexico I just hope everything works out. thank you


There are websites about how to prepare a "resume" for a dog on the restricted-breed list with recommendations from previous landlords, veterinarians, etc.
I live in an apartment complex where a couple has two chows which are also on the restricted breed list and they haven't had any problems. It all has to do with how you convince a landlord that your dog is well behaved.

#3 Cyanide41

Cyanide41

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 577 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tijuana
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, anything with a lot of horsepower, anything with 2 wheels.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:54 PM

There are no restricted breed lists in Tijuana!!!! (in reality some complexes might). Yards are hard to come by in Tijuana, I would look further south and see if there is anything with some space.
Tijuaneses Americans in TJ drive like crap, Get your Mexican Insurance here.

#4 Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 245 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Playas de Rosarito, BC, Mexico
  • Interests:American single female living in Baja for the past 2 years; 1 year in Tijuana and 1 year in Rosarito with my dogs. Not the typical American as I've traveled all over the world to 20+ countries and consider myself a citizen of the world.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (Cyanide41 @ Jan 12 2011, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are no restricted breed lists in Tijuana!!!! (in reality some complexes might). Yards are hard to come by in Tijuana, I would look further south and see if there is anything with some space.


The point I make is that if the landlord is American they will be less likely to rent to someone with dog breeds that are deemed vicious, i.e., increased probability of dogbites, hence problems regardless of the neighborhood. If you rent from a Mexican it will be a different story, but many ads I've seen on CL and other websites do mention the size and type of dog. If you are living in a predominantly American neighborhood, that will be more of an influence.

#5 NuttBoxer

NuttBoxer
  • Advanced Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

We've been looking for the past month, and haven't found anyone who wouldn't take dogs. We have 3 chihuahua's. A dirt yard has been a big point for me, and we've found a few places for $600 or less with good sized dirt yards. For $600-$800 you should be able to find some very nice places with yards. Check in Playas, and Chapultepec.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users