Jump to content


Photo

Apartment available in Otay


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 otayBill

otayBill

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 612 posts
  • Location:Chapultepec, Tijuana

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:00 AM

The apartment I lived in for over three years in Otay in currently available. I have no financial stake in it so I can tell you the advantages and disadvantages.

Its a two bedroom apartment in excellent condition about 1 mile from the Otay border crossing. I paid $400 a month for it, but given the current rental market the landlord would probably be willing to go considerbly lower.

Advantages
- excellent landlord who repairs everything
- secure, offstreet parking
- good security; landlord and wife live below so they would look after place when I was gone.
- the nicest apartment I've seen in the neigborhood

Disadvantages
- working class neigborhood
- on a street that gets a lot of traffic (although the neigbors are quiet)

If you have any questions, PM me and I can give you the landlord's number or location.

#2 HK70

HK70

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

Explain the working class neighborhood disadvantage?

#3 Cyanide41

Cyanide41

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 577 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tijuana
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, anything with a lot of horsepower, anything with 2 wheels.

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (HK70 @ Feb 12 2010, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Explain the working class neighborhood disadvantage?


working class neighborhoods tend to be a little grittier than the privileged class ones. If you are not sure what I am talking about, take a drive around the tijuana country club.
Tijuaneses Americans in TJ drive like crap, Get your Mexican Insurance here.

#4 otayBill

otayBill

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 612 posts
  • Location:Chapultepec, Tijuana

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Cyanide41 @ Feb 12 2010, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
working class neighborhoods tend to be a little grittier than the privileged class ones. If you are not sure what I am talking about, take a drive around the tijuana country club.



Exactly, in my otay neigborhood it was a mixture of nice apartments and dirty run down ones. An auto mechanic shop would be next door to a house. The streets are filled with people cooking food and selling things. None the less, nice people and I got to know the neighbors and the shop owners.

Where I currently live in Chapultepec, people live in walled in estates and have little contact with their neighbors. Streets are only for driving cars. The nearest taco stand is a mile away.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users