Jump to content


Photo

ASSASINATION IN ROSARITO TODAY, 11/7 @ 3:15P.M.


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rosaritoguerrita

rosaritoguerrita
  • Advanced Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:06 AM

Went down to Rosarito today and was coming upon the area to get off the toll road, getting off at the Pemex/A&P exit, when I noticed that the northbound side of the road was jammed, and there were tons of police, plain clothes people, and uniformed, running around with machine guns in hand. It looked like a bad accident to me, but as I got closer, I could see that someone had been shot through the front windshield of the car, which was a small Chevy. It was chaos, People jumping the median, running all over, no ambulance had gotten there yet, it was too soon. I got off at Pemex as planned and got the heck out of there.

I just found a post in the Frontera newspaper, that states that an agent of the Ministrey of Police had been assasinated. This is getting pretty close to home folks sad.gif Here is the article:



ROSARITO, Baja California(PH)

Un agente de la Policía Ministerial fue asesinado alrededor de las 15:10 horas sobre la carretera Escénica Rosarito-Tijuana.

Según los primeros datos, el agente, de nombre Marco Antonio Vicencio Rojas y que estaba adscrito al municipio de Rosarito circulaba a bordo de un vehículo Chevrolet Cavalier con placas de California a la altura del kilómetro 34.

El agente, que estaba en su hora de comida, fue emboscado por varios sujetos armados que viajaban en una camioneta.

En el lugar fueron encontrados alrededor de 15 casquillos percutidos de arma larga.

Se montó un operativo por parte de la Policía Municipal y Ministerial, pero hasta el momento no se ha localizado a los responsables.


Nota Publicada: 07/11/2008 16:34



****Five minutes earlier, and I would have been right in the thick of things......thank God, my Guardian Angel was on my shoulder. Coming back across the boarder tonight was a nightmare, there were police every where, and they had entrances to San Diego blocked off, and the board at the border said 14 had been killed today.

First the plane crash, still the killings in TJ, and now I witnessed a wild scene, driving to a real estate office. It's pretty scary, when you see the results in person....... angry.gif

#2 Scooby

Scooby

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 548 posts
  • Location:In the matrix, where else?

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:24 AM

That sounds like a horrific scene to have to witness.
This era of Tijuana's history has to be one of the worst of times for anyone wanting to move here.
I'm getting to where I want to leave and not return until things settle down.



#3 casadelosgatos

casadelosgatos
  • Advanced Member
  • 28 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:The shark tank aka Tijuana
  • Interests:My interests movies, the out doors, street fairs, bbq's and just doing whatever sounds like fun.

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Scooby @ Nov 8 2008, 03:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sounds like a horrific scene to have to witness.
This era of Tijuana's history has to be one of the worst of times for anyone wanting to move here.
I'm getting to where I want to leave and not return until things settle down.


It's a shame that shootings happened, but when you hang out with snakes don't complain when you get bitten.The only thing that bothers me is when you hear about innocent people who get caught in the middle.

I have gotten a lot of critcism for living out in TJ as a woman, but I believe that god will keep me safe.It's all about listening to your instincts and using common sense

#4 otayBill

otayBill

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 612 posts
  • Location:Chapultepec, Tijuana

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:06 AM

In today's Union Tribune,

"A state agent, Marco Antonio Vicencio Rojas, was shot to death yesterday afternoon as he drove on the toll road between Tijuana and Rosarito Beach. He had been working out of his agency's Rosarito office."

http://www.signonsan...-1m8tjdead.html

#5 Scribbles

Scribbles

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:58 AM

That must have been something to witness, I wonder when the killings will end?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users