Yes there is a train service between SD County and Tecate (for brewery tour) run by Pacific Southwest Railway, but a reservation is required to be able to board due to Homeland Security passenger manifest regulations. :evil:
Here is the main website: http://www.sdrm.org/events/tecate/
The available dates to make a reservation are here:
http://www.sdrm.org/...s/tecate/#dates
To make a reservation click on an available date.
Roundtrip prices are $43 per adult (13 and up) and $23 per child (3-12). Infants and toddlers ride free. The brewery tour IS included!
The Daytime schedule is as follows:
Depart Campo at 10:30 AM
Arrive Tecate at 11:45 AM
Depart Tecate at 3:15 PM
Arrive Campo at 4:30 PM
The Twilight schedule is as follows (No brewery tour for the twilight schedule!):
Depart Campo at 3:00 PM
Arrive Tecate at 4:15 PM
Depart Tecate at 7:45 PM
Arrive Campo at 9:00 PM
Campo (San Diego County) - Tecate Train Excursion
Started by libertythor, Mar 31 2008 02:12 PM
4 replies to this topic
#2
Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:29 PM
Seems pretty expensive!
A family of 4 could rent a nice suv and include the gas for less I think.
But I bet the scenery is beutiful on the route.....
Are those prices each way or round trip?
A family of 4 could rent a nice suv and include the gas for less I think.
But I bet the scenery is beutiful on the route.....
Are those prices each way or round trip?
Tj Jack
#4
Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:55 PM
(libertythor)
One can take a bus from downtown Tijuana for about 3 or 4 dollars per person each way.
Now thats what I am talking about!
Thanks for the info libertythor
Tj Jack
#5
Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:05 PM
Note that this is a tourist excursion between Campo and Tecate, not a commuter train. There isn't any regular train service between Tijuana and anywhere else as far as I know. I lived near the tracks in Zona Rio for a while and almost all the daily trains that pass are gas (not gasoline) coming from the US.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users












