Jump to content


Photo

Apartment hunting


  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 elmarco

elmarco
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA
  • Interests:Photography, poetry

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:37 PM

I am a writer and photographer and am interested in finding a place in Mexicali for a year or two while I work on a new book on border culture and fronterizos.

I lived in Mexicali for a couple of years in the early '80s and liked it, it "seemed" safer and quieter than Tijuana. Also, I know my way around Mexicali (although I realize it has changed a lot and I hear there are even American businesses like Burger King and Costco, don't know how accurate that is.) At least the streets will be the same -- Lopez Mateos, Uxmal, etc. biggrin.gif

I see apartments in TJ and Ensenada listed on Craigslist, but never for Mexicali. My thought was to check into an inexpensive motel for a few days while I apartment-hunt, but any information or advice would be appreciated.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users