Tijuana Neighborhoods, Apartments

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Wade

Wade
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

I'm looking for a small furnished apartment within walking distance of markets, taquerias and cantinas. I've been considering Zona Norte. Noise is not a problem for me. I like the hustle and bustle of the city.

Thanks for any help.

#2 libertythor

libertythor

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 638 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

I honestly do not recommend Zona Norte, unless things have changed there because it has a reputation for being rather dangerous at night.

There are some apartments in Colonia Independencia that are about a 10-15 minute walk from Centro and all of the bars and taquerias. I think they rent for about $300 dollars a month furnished for a one bedroom. Check out the Google Maps link. They are at that little road called Buena Vista that connects Calle Abasolo with Avenida Constitución in Centro. You can zoom out the map to see where this area is in relation to Zona Norte and the downtown bars. It is not far at all.

http://maps.google.c...e...mp;t=h&z=17

CODE
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=colonia+independencia,+Tijuana&amp;aq=&amp;sll=37.0625,-95.677068&amp;sspn=31.509065,56.513672&amp;vpsrc=6&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Independencia,+Tijuana,+Baja+California,+Mexico&amp;ll=32.526463,-117.04263&amp;spn=0.004089,0.006899&amp;t=h&amp;z=14&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=colonia+independencia,+Tijuana&amp;aq=&amp;sll=37.0625,-95.677068&amp;sspn=31.509065,56.513672&amp;vpsrc=6&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Independencia,+Tijuana,+Baja+California,+Mexico&amp;ll=32.526463,-117.04263&amp;spn=0.004089,0.006899&amp;t=h&amp;z=14" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

[size=12]

#3 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:00 PM

Zona norte is not a place I would ever live. Unless you want to be around putas, drugs and drinking 24/7 then go for it.

#4 Buen Amigo

Buen Amigo

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 597 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

Yeah, Zona Norte is fun to go visit, releav some stress laugh.gif , have fun. But not to actually live.

#5 libertythor

libertythor

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 638 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:57 AM

Yep. Look from Calle 5ta on south to Colonia Independencia. Over in Colonia Guerrero there might still be some apartments renting for 200-250 dollars a month, but Independencia is RIGHT THERE but with apartments between 300 and 400 dollars a month.

If you don't mind being close for fast 24 hour public transportation access, try Colonias Soler, Francisco Villa, Ciudad Jardin, Mirador, Lomas del Porvenir, Altamira, etc. These are all established old neighborhoods in Tijuana that are pretty safe. One thing to keep in mind though, to be in a safe area downtown costs a lot more than to be in a safe area in the east. Out in the east I pay 200 dollars for a two bedroom house with a decent yard in a safe area. Near Centro you are looking at 300+ for a 1 bedroom place.
[size=12]

#6 Cyanide41

Cyanide41

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, anything with a lot of horsepower, anything with 2 wheels.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:15 AM

like everyone else said, you'd be nuts to live in La Zona Norte. Despite the noise, it's loaded with druggies, thieves, prostitutes and other people looking to rip you off. If you like hustle and bustle, I would look at Zona Rio, which is a much nicer, more metropolitan part of town. Of course it is more expensive too.
Tijuaneses Americans in TJ drive like crap, Get your Mexican Insurance here.

#7 libertythor

libertythor

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 638 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:57 AM

I think that Infonavit Rio has apartments that rent for about $350 USD, but I doubt that they are furnished.
[size=12]

#8 Klort

Klort

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:25 AM

Zona Norte is probably the last spot on earth I would want to live in. It's not even safe and there are junkies everywhere.

Is that high rise ever going to be done? It's a great place but I don't think rent would be cheap.

#9 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Klort @ Oct 11 2011, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zona Norte is probably the last spot on earth I would want to live in. It's not even safe and there are junkies everywhere.

Is that high rise ever going to be done? It's a great place but I don't think rent would be cheap.

Is there a high rise being built in zona norte? Hong Kong building out their empire even more laugh.gif

#10 Klort

Klort

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:24 AM

Ohhh, no, sorry for the misunderstanding, the two high-rise building is New City Residencial near Hotel Pueblo.. it's still pretty close to Zona Norte.

#11 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Klort @ Oct 16 2011, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohhh, no, sorry for the misunderstanding, the two high-rise building is New City Residencial near Hotel Pueblo.. it's still pretty close to Zona Norte.

Gotcha. I live right across the street from New City. I have a friend who lives in there but I have never gone inside. I think there was plans to build like 7 towers but those plans changed when the violence and market tanked 3 or so years ago. My friend says a good portion of the building is sold but I think people bought thinking it was going to be easy sell in the future and now they are stuck with their units. If you are ever out at night there are very few lights on this either tower.

#12 Klort

Klort

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:11 AM

It was a great idea though.. too bad the New City is not doing well. Also, the rentals would be much higher than Zona Norte anyways.

#13 rafaelubaldo

rafaelubaldo
  • Advanced Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE (Wade @ Sep 29 2011, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm looking for a small furnished apartment within walking distance of markets, taquerias and cantinas. I've been considering Zona Norte. Noise is not a problem for me. I like the hustle and bustle of the city.

Thanks for any help.

I'm also considering Zona Norte. I know of a complex where others expat are living without incident. Granted I don't make a habit about prowling around at night and I do not own a car, I am considering the trade off of living within walking distance of the crossing. Any update?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users