Jump to content


Photo

Housing Needed - 1 person, long-term


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BrujaLuminosa

BrujaLuminosa
  • Advanced Member
  • 3 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:92603

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

I'm truly excited about moving to the TJ area.
I'm looking for housing for 1 person - $400/mo to $600/mo (possibly more, but only for something ultra-special)
-Garage required (or locked/gated parking)
-Patio or garden area which receives significant daytime sunlight
-Away from party people, night time pool parties, etc
-Sorry, not so much looking for an all-American enclave
-Adjacent to some dirt path or dirt road (i run but am old and need soft surfaces for running)

-I'm coming to tj soon. Anyone have any neighborhoods to suggest, based upon the above. I'm comfortable walking around neighborhoods and just looking for "For Rent" signs, if i know where to walk. I speak passable Spanish. An old lady, I'm nonetheless more than a little street smart.

I'm not at all experienced at posting on sites like this, so hope i'm doin' it right. the world's such a complicated place smile.gif

#2 Cyanide41

Cyanide41

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 577 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tijuana
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, anything with a lot of horsepower, anything with 2 wheels.

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

In that price range you should be able to get something pretty nice. As far as running trails go, The closest thing I have seen are some dirt ovals or small trails in local parks. Good luck getting away from party people. Music cranked up to 11 until the wee morning hours is pretty much standard. Depending on your area this can vary from every freaking night, to the occasional Saturday.
Tijuaneses Americans in TJ drive like crap, Get your Mexican Insurance here.

#3 NuttBoxer

NuttBoxer
  • Advanced Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (BrujaLuminosa @ Jan 6 2011, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm truly excited about moving to the TJ area.
I'm looking for housing for 1 person - $400/mo to $600/mo (possibly more, but only for something ultra-special)
-Garage required (or locked/gated parking)
-Patio or garden area which receives significant daytime sunlight
-Away from party people, night time pool parties, etc
-Sorry, not so much looking for an all-American enclave
-Adjacent to some dirt path or dirt road (i run but am old and need soft surfaces for running)

-I'm coming to tj soon. Anyone have any neighborhoods to suggest, based upon the above. I'm comfortable walking around neighborhoods and just looking for "For Rent" signs, if i know where to walk. I speak passable Spanish. An old lady, I'm nonetheless more than a little street smart.

I'm not at all experienced at posting on sites like this, so hope i'm doin' it right. the world's such a complicated place smile.gif



For what you want and what you're willing to pay you may want to look south of Tijuana at some of the beach communities(San Antonio Del Mar, Rosarito, etc). We're currently looking as well, and I know a dirt yard is not common in Tijuana. If you can skip the dirt, and be content with plants on a roof balcony, check out the developments on the hill in Playas(Playas Diamante is a nice one). The reason I recommend father south is most of Tijuana is cemented in, and you'd have a better chance of finding trails outside the city.

#4 Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 245 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Playas de Rosarito, BC, Mexico
  • Interests:American single female living in Baja for the past 2 years; 1 year in Tijuana and 1 year in Rosarito with my dogs. Not the typical American as I've traveled all over the world to 20+ countries and consider myself a citizen of the world.

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (NuttBoxer @ Jan 6 2011, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For what you want and what you're willing to pay you may want to look south of Tijuana at some of the beach communities(San Antonio Del Mar, Rosarito, etc). We're currently looking as well, and I know a dirt yard is not common in Tijuana. If you can skip the dirt, and be content with plants on a roof balcony, check out the developments on the hill in Playas(Playas Diamante is a nice one). The reason I recommend father south is most of Tijuana is cemented in, and you'd have a better chance of finding trails outside the city.


You'll have better success looking in Rosarito or Ensenada. The travel time to the border will be a problem if you go to the U.S. regularly esp. during rush hour. TJ is definitely NOT the place to be if you don't like noise.

And I wouldn't "advertise" about the marijuana as it could cause real problems with a landlord either calling the police or evicting you suddenly. Mexico is not as liberal as L.A. or beyond; even San Diego is conservative compared to the rest of California.

#5 BrujaLuminosa

BrujaLuminosa
  • Advanced Member
  • 3 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:92603

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:39 PM

Thanks! Yes, i'm quite fine without a dirt yard. I garden in containers, so balconies are good. Rooftops maybe. I'll take a look at Playas Diamante. Probably San Antonio as well.

QUOTE (NuttBoxer @ Jan 6 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For what you want and what you're willing to pay you may want to look south of Tijuana at some of the beach communities(San Antonio Del Mar, Rosarito, etc). We're currently looking as well, and I know a dirt yard is not common in Tijuana. If you can skip the dirt, and be content with plants on a roof balcony, check out the developments on the hill in Playas(Playas Diamante is a nice one). The reason I recommend father south is most of Tijuana is cemented in, and you'd have a better chance of finding trails outside the city.



#6 NuttBoxer

NuttBoxer
  • Advanced Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (BrujaLuminosa @ Jan 6 2011, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks! Yes, i'm quite fine without a dirt yard. I garden in containers, so balconies are good. Rooftops maybe. I'll take a look at Playas Diamante. Probably San Antonio as well.



We just looked this past weekend, and there's a group of houses close to a big sports park in playas that all have large backyards, some dirt, some cement. They're all 3bdrm, 1 1/2bth I believe and the prices range from $450-$550. The houses are located in a gated community, apparently built for the electric company workers. There are several houses for rent in the complex.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users