Jump to content


Photo

I'll help u find a place in TJ


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 C-Lo

C-Lo

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 240 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:tj

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

Hi, My name is Chrissy. So I have been a member of this blog for over a year and found so much great information when my husband and I were trying to make the big move all the way from Ohio and him all the way from Guanajuato MX. When we moved we knew NOTHING about Tijuana and trying to find a safe place in a weekend visit was so stressful, especially in a city that gets a notoriously bad wrap in the media. We got a place in a nice area but it was on the 5th floor and too small for us, then we moved again and now again and are finally happy with our place. So I thought it would be great to help others with their move. I am not a real estate agent but I have free time and would like to help others who feel like I did when I was trying to move. We used an agent to find our current place and now my husband is working for them. The company is MJ Inmobiliaria Real Estate and they have a lot of great properties all over TJ that I think would appeal to expats. So, if you don't feel like hitting the streets alone to look for a place, get a hold of me and I will be happy to help. U can call me on my MX cell at 664-219-2866. The company website is www.mjinmobiliaria.com if you want to check out some of their properties.

#2 Cyanide41

Cyanide41

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 577 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tijuana
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, anything with a lot of horsepower, anything with 2 wheels.

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (C-Lo @ Aug 9 2010, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, My name is Chrissy. So I have been a member of this blog for over a year and found so much great information when my husband and I were trying to make the big move all the way from Ohio and him all the way from Guanajuato MX. When we moved we knew NOTHING about Tijuana and trying to find a safe place in a weekend visit was so stressful, especially in a city that gets a notoriously bad wrap in the media. We got a place in a nice area but it was on the 5th floor and too small for us, then we moved again and now again and are finally happy with our place. So I thought it would be great to help others with their move. I am not a real estate agent but I have free time and would like to help others who feel like I did when I was trying to move. We used an agent to find our current place and now my husband is working for them. The company is MJ Inmobiliaria Real Estate and they have a lot of great properties all over TJ that I think would appeal to expats. So, if you don't feel like hitting the streets alone to look for a place, get a hold of me and I will be happy to help. U can call me on my MX cell at 664-219-2866. The company website is www.mjinmobiliaria.com if you want to check out some of their properties.



Chrissy, I see their posts a lot on Craigslist. I am a little weary of using an agent because it seem like the rent is always a little higher. I understand that they agent wants to get paid for their time, but I don't want to pay them monthly. It cracks me up that agents always say the same thing about every house, "real secure, very big, very nice, but you should hurry up because someone else is looking at it"

Currently I am looking for 2+ bed rooms with garage in playas or close to San Ysidro. Trying to stay away from Apts. If you see anything let me know. I am trying to keep it around $500-600
Tijuaneses Americans in TJ drive like crap, Get your Mexican Insurance here.

#3 C-Lo

C-Lo

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 240 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:tj

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

I know what u mean, but it was easier for us to use one. IDK about the others, but where my husband works the agent gets commission of the deposit and if it isn't one of his properties he only get 50% of the deposit, after that the owner of the property gets 100% the rent. I'll let u know what I find....

#4 GaryN

GaryN
  • Advanced Member
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Baja

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:35 AM

C-lo it is nice to know someone here who is willing to help others. In your opinion are the rental prices still dropping or stabilizing? I noticed a steady drop in prices over the past few years.

#5 C-Lo

C-Lo

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 240 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:tj

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (GaryN @ Aug 12 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
C-lo it is nice to know someone here who is willing to help others. In your opinion are the rental prices still dropping or stabilizing? I noticed a steady drop in prices over the past few years.


IDK the answer because I have only lived here since November and I came from the midwest. From what everyone says they seem to have gone done and they say now is the time to rent because prices go down, especially at the end of summer. It seems that in Colinas de Agua Caliente, the prices are down from what they were when we rented there last year. Just in the last couple weeks as my husband has started this job we have seen some really nice places for great prices, esp if u earn USDs. We don't blink.gif

#6 Cyanide41

Cyanide41

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 577 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tijuana
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, anything with a lot of horsepower, anything with 2 wheels.

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

Everything I seem to find is either a super cheap shack or over $1000US a month.
Tijuaneses Americans in TJ drive like crap, Get your Mexican Insurance here.

#7 C-Lo

C-Lo

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 240 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:tj

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:27 PM

Actually Cyanide, my husband is going to see a place in playas today that might interest u. He's taking pictures so I'll let u know. The trick is finding a garage. R u looking to move right now or just seeing what is out there?

#8 sasha

sasha
  • Advanced Member
  • 17 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:lompoc ca

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:24 AM

hi i have been looking for a place in rosarito for so long now but in my price range which is low but worth long term up to a 2 yr contract for sure and on time rent every month, I have found some places but the rooms are too small I'm looking for a 3 descent sized bedroom, 1+bathroom with yard (front or back) around $325 ($350 at the most) usd or can pay in pesos do you know of any places?

#9 zunigan

zunigan

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 422 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:La Verne/California/USA

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:26 PM

I hope you are around in a couple of years!!!! My friend and I are still going to move to Tijuana. We want something on the beach...I need to see water!! deck, probably with everything since I left all my stuff in Zacatecas and don't plan to try and bring them back. Anyway will check with you when we are getting close to moving. laugh.gif





url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

#10 Cyanide41

Cyanide41

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 577 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tijuana
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, anything with a lot of horsepower, anything with 2 wheels.

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:04 PM

Zunigan, I am not sure what kind of price range you are looking at, but I saw some nice places in Playas Diamante that had price less views. Rent ranged from $650-825
Tijuaneses Americans in TJ drive like crap, Get your Mexican Insurance here.

#11 zunigan

zunigan

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 422 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:La Verne/California/USA

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:32 PM

[quote name='Cyanide41' date='Sep 6 2010, 03:04 PM' post='21888']
Zunigan, I am not sure what kind of price range you are looking at, but I saw some nice places in Playas Diamante that had price less views. Rent ranged from $650-825


Up to about 800.00 since there will be two of us. I know I really want something that I can hear and see the ocean. Thanks





url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

#12 synthea

synthea
  • Advanced Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (C-Lo @ Aug 9 2010, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, My name is Chrissy. So I have been a member of this blog for over a year and found so much great information when my husband and I were trying to make the big move all the way from Ohio and him all the way from Guanajuato MX. When we moved we knew NOTHING about Tijuana and trying to find a safe place in a weekend visit was so stressful, especially in a city that gets a notoriously bad wrap in the media. We got a place in a nice area but it was on the 5th floor and too small for us, then we moved again and now again and are finally happy with our place. So I thought it would be great to help others with their move. I am not a real estate agent but I have free time and would like to help others who feel like I did when I was trying to move. We used an agent to find our current place and now my husband is working for them. The company is MJ Inmobiliaria Real Estate and they have a lot of great properties all over TJ that I think would appeal to expats. So, if you don't feel like hitting the streets alone to look for a place, get a hold of me and I will be happy to help. U can call me on my MX cell at 664-219-2866. The company website is www.mjinmobiliaria.com if you want to check out some of their properties.


Hey there Chrissy, Im really excited to see this post...I havent been on here in a while and well, im planning to start the process pretty soon of making our move so this is great to be able to talk to someone who went through the EXACT same feeling of not knowing anything about where you will soon be going...
so here's mine n my husband's deal...we will soon be going out there this coming January and we're actually going to be meeting there...he has to be in MX for a while and we find it easier for him to go to Tijuana being that our son and I live here in Los Angeles... we dont have much money at all and he will be freshly looking for a job so we were hoping to find something very small like a studio/1 bdrm with hopefully the rent being less than $200 a month...(high hopes)...he was actually living in Mexicali in 2007 and was paying $100 a month for a 2 bdrm but over there its much cheaper I hear...but the drive is much further and the weather is horrible so I want to go with Tijuana this time, hoping that its not as bad as the media blows it up to be...I'm a lil sceptic because of that but something tells me it will be ok and that its not as bad as they portray it to be
so I was wanting to know if you ever see any appartments with that price range when your around the city or if you ever see ads or what not....? Im really hoping he can find a job quickly...
so me and his mom plan to go out there before he does, to find a place and have it ready by the time he gets there in January, him and I dont want to waste money on motels while looking...so his mom and I hope to make it out there in December to make the move...we're just waiting on her to get her passport so we can go
I eventually want to move out there with him, and work accross the border in SD... do you by any chance do that? I hope I can hang...It's going to be a major culture shock I know, especially because I dont speak spanish fluently...I understand more than I can speak... but I know by being out there I will pick it up and eventually speak it really good... Im hoping to catch on really quick though...
as for my son, well he's 4 and I know this will definitely be different for him, but I know we will both adapt, he will have to learn spanish too...I hope since he's still young it will be easy for him...
once my son and I make our perminent move out there to be with daddy, as I work in SD, I want my son to go to school in SD...
Im very anxious for this as it is coming up very soon, and im SO NERVOUS! so seeing this post of yours was helpful to know there are others that have went through the exact same thing that I am soon to be going through...
thanks so much! smile.gif

#13 synthea

synthea
  • Advanced Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (zunigan @ Sep 6 2010, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope you are around in a couple of years!!!! My friend and I are still going to move to Tijuana. We want something on the beach...I need to see water!! deck, probably with everything since I left all my stuff in Zacatecas and don't plan to try and bring them back. Anyway will check with you when we are getting close to moving. laugh.gif

Zunigan your moving back!?? how awesome! guess you really miss it huh!?
I remember you were the first one I talked to about moving to Tijuana...well...my time is coming up soon! I will be there in January smile.gif




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users