Jump to content


Photo

La Revancha


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TJDave

TJDave

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 489 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ocean Beach... (San Diego)

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:42 PM

Does anyone have any experience with this place? I've been there a couple times and I like it a lot... great atmosphere, saw a really good cover band one Friday night... Drinks are reasonable, waiters are friendly...

It's located just East of Plaza Fiesta (maybe half a block) on the same side of the street... across from Plaza Rio.



#2 George Costanza

George Costanza

    Valued Contributor

  • Root Admin
  • 1,429 posts
  • Location:Tijuana
  • Interests:Discos

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:46 AM

This is the old Mojcates club very nice place and great service!
Tijuana is much more than Revolution ave
I am now George Constanza - Lord of the idiots :)

#3 Cyanide41

Cyanide41

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 577 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tijuana
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, anything with a lot of horsepower, anything with 2 wheels.

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:57 PM

is this the place that has the Mariachi vs Norteņo banner on the outside?
Tijuaneses Americans in TJ drive like crap, Get your Mexican Insurance here.

#4 TJDave

TJDave

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 489 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ocean Beach... (San Diego)

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

Yes... George, you are correct... it used to be Molcajete...

Cyanide... I just checked on Google maps street view, but I didn't see any signs...

It's connected to Red Lion Irish Pub...

I went there Wed night and had a great time again... one of a few places in TJ that I can get a good Long Island Iced Tea...

#5 HK70

HK70

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Cyanide41 @ Aug 5 2010, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is this the place that has the Mariachi vs Norteņo banner on the outside?


Yes I have seen that banner as well but I can't remember which club it is supposed to represent. The Red Lion is on the corner and there are few more bars to the right in the same building one being the club TJDave is talking about.

I have not been to any of those places but will have to check it out.

#6 HK70

HK70

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Cyanide41 @ Aug 5 2010, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is this the place that has the Mariachi vs Norteņo banner on the outside?


Yes I just walked by it. Red Lion is on the corner then La Revancha then La Guadulupita(something close to that name).

#7 hecdro

hecdro
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (TJDave @ Aug 4 2010, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone have any experience with this place? I've been there a couple times and I like it a lot... great atmosphere, saw a really good cover band one Friday night... Drinks are reasonable, waiters are friendly...

It's located just East of Plaza Fiesta (maybe half a block) on the same side of the street... across from Plaza Rio.






#8 hecdro

hecdro
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

La Revancha...of course. it's a FUN place! Great live music, great service, clean, and how about the other two venues you can "maze" your way through to get to? I've been there thursday through sunday, and it's always packed!


Now, El ALEBRIJE, down the street...F*&k them. I went there the night of the Vicente Fernandez concert. Now imagine, I was having a great night, VERY happy...
I get to the club and the "bouncer" tells me I can't wear my cap. Okay, I took the cap off and left it checked in a little "shack" outside the club. I go back to the line and then the bouncer tells me I can't go in because my pants were too baggy! Please. I was wearing well fit blue jeans, a nice, black button-up shirt, and cowboy boots. I thought I looked cool and my pants were not too LOOSE...
Since then, El Alebrije is and will remain on my SHIT list.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users