Washington Dental - Bridge

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 psmith2600

psmith2600
  • Advanced Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:52 AM

I just wanted to send in a trip report for Washington Dental.
I got to the office at 7:30 am today they were not officially opened yet but they let me in. I explained that I needed a Bridge done, the person there looked at my teeth and explained how they operate there. They started a movie to watch on the big screen TV and I sat down expecting the customary long wait at the Dentists office.
The Doctors started arriving at 8 and I was the first patient. The Doctor looked at my problem took x-rays and after a few minutes they told me that I needed a three tooth bridge and gave me a price of $585.00 (US).
Which includes:
- x-rays
- cleaning
- upper and lower mouth molds
- tooth preparation, making room for the bridge, drilling out the mount points, etc.
- temporary bridge
- mounting the permanent bridge

My US Doctors price
$1250 after my 500 dollar deductible

Washington Dental is very clean (far cleaner than my Dentists office) and I had no issues communicating with anyone in English. The Doctor was able to answer any question I had and before they did anything they waited for my approval. The work was fast and as far as I can tell the same thing as my Dentist.
One other item of interest. While all of the Dental assistants in my Dentists office are all women and are pretty in one way or another (basically no hogs). The Dental assistants at Washington Dental are all hot as hell. wink.gif They all look to be 18-21, they all come in waring light pink, tight scrubs and greet you with an smile and soft brown eyes. Sorry about that digression. Clearly the HR department targets a specific demographic. It was a good thing they were drilling out some teeth. It was all I could do even with the drilling, not to pitch a tent. rolleyes.gif
So far I have not had any up sells. The temporary bridge is still in place and I am scheduled to finish the rest of the bridge work next weekend.
They also pay for a yellow cab to and from the border and your parking on the US side. I am only out of pocket so far the cost of the work. (Not counting AB the night before.)
ohmy.gif
If I do get any up sells or other issues next week I will re-post and let the forum take revenge for me.
Sorry about the long post.

Thanks

-P

#2 RosaritoRosie

RosaritoRosie
  • Advanced Member
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading<br />Anything Frida Kahlo<br />Dogs<br />Sun, sand, sea<br />Dwelling in possibility (thanks, E.D.)<br />

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:53 AM

One other item of interest. While all of the Dental assistants in my Dentists office are all women and are pretty in one way or another (basically no hogs). The Dental assistants at Washington Dental are all hot as hell. wink.gif They all look to be 18-21, they all come in waring light pink, tight scrubs and greet you with an smile and soft brown eyes. Sorry about that digression. Clearly the HR department targets a specific demographic. It was a good thing they were drilling out some teeth. It was all I could do even with the drilling, not to pitch a tent. rolleyes.gif

Oh dear ... a very useful post with good info until the above. Tasteless. JMHO.

#3 George Costanza

George Costanza

Valued Contributor

• Root Admin
  • 1,429 posts
  • Interests:Discos

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:38 AM

Thanks for the review Psmith! We need more dental reviews on the site.
Tijuana is much more than Revolution ave
I am now George Constanza - Lord of the idiots :)

#4 iLeal

iLeal
  • Advanced Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:21 AM

I have also been very well attended by them. They have also a web page with very interesting information.
Look at: http://www.washingto...cs.com/tijuana/ wink.gif

#5 spacecowboy

spacecowboy
  • Advanced Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

I visited Washington Dental yesterday. All I can say is wow. I was greeted warmly as I walked in the door. Unbelievably clean office. Only one other customer when i arrived at 11am on a monday. I was in and out in 45 minutes. The cleaning was top notch/painless. Xrays. I got some outstanding estimates on some work i needed done. No Pressure.
At one point I had 3 people in my exam room attending to me. The hygenist, the dentist and the interpretor.
I was charged $40 for the cleaning, but reimbursed $10 for taxis and $8 for parking on the US side. So net charge to me $22. Impressive. I used to go to Trust Dental...also good work but the waiting room sucked and the air conditioning was non-existant.

#6 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

Cool. My sister has been wanting to get some dental work done in TJ and we were not sure where to go.

#7 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:19 PM

My sister took my nephew here last year and gave me rave reviews about their service and prices. I told her longon to the blog to update this thread but she never did.

I have someone staying with me who started having some pain in her teeth earlier this week. I looked on blog and gave her some of the names of dentists that others have reccommended. She went to one but they required an appoitment and it would be in August. She went to Revo and talked to a few places there. They said she would need to get a crown so she has been feaking out and going online to do research.

I finally told her that I was working in TJ on Thursday so let's go to Washington Dental for the free consultation and see what they say. Then she can make a determinatioin of what she wants to do.

They would not accept a appointment so we arrived around 11:50am and there were about 10 people sitting in the waiting room. She was finally called to see the dentist around 1:30pm. There is a resturant called Vittorios right next door so I went to have lunch while she was with the dentist.

Since this is a gringo friendly dentist office there are staff that speak English well.

After I finished my lunch I returned to wait for my friend. The man that lead her to the room came up to me while I was sitting there and explained to me in perfect English what her situation was. She only need a cleaning and did not need a crown. I knew she was happy to hear that news.

The cleaning cost $20 bucks.

I would reccommend this place to any of my friends or family.

#8 Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:American single female living in Baja for the past 2 years; 1 year in Tijuana and 1 year in Rosarito with my dogs. Not the typical American as I've traveled all over the world to 20+ countries and consider myself a citizen of the world.

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

Rosie...
The biological difference between us and males who look only for appearance...I make sure the professionals I see (primarily male) are BOTH good looking AND very competent.

#9 Buen Amigo

Buen Amigo

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:14 PM

Come on girls, he is only trying to be funny and give us a chuckle. Lighten up.

I too need to get to a dentist. I know for sure i need two root canals, and a deep cleaning. My dentist here in the U.S With insurance and all, out of my pocket i have to pay about $2,000. I think that is total B.S. and maybe can get in cheeper in TJ. Though i gotta wait to save up some cash, and another thing is that i am way to chicken about going to the dentist.

Like when they say raise your hand if you feel any pain. Before the even touch my mouth, my hand is up in the air..... unsure.gif

I just wish it could be painless....we will see.

#10 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:32 PM

Well in Rosie defense the girls in the office were very pretty and were wearing blue scrubs that day. But the dentists and a few of the other staff were male for you ladies.

This place caters to Americans and the average age of the people waiting in the lobby had to be 65+ that day I was there.

But this place seems to be honest and gets alot of business by word of mouth once the patients get back home and tell their friends and family of their experience of going to dentist in Tijuana.

I am sure you can find cheaper places around especially if you are fluent in Spanish.

#11 TjSanDiegan

TjSanDiegan
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

Hello Tj Bloggeros,

I have been reading your site for a year now and really like the ambiance of the group, on keeping with this threads topic, I go to a dentist here in Tj that caters to both Mexican and US patients and accepts US insurance.

His name is:

Dr. Carlos Ramirez Robles
Blvd. Agua Caliente #2341 Altos 6
Edificio Gressamex
Col. Madero, Tijuana Bc.

Tel. 684 13 70
684 28 63

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users