Jump to content


Photo

Teeth Cleaning -- Ultrasound?


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 snooky

snooky

    Site inspirationalist

  • Advanced Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:59 AM

I prefer the ultrasound teeth cleaning devices since they are more comfortable to me than the pointy scraper things.

The ultrasound somehow blasts the plaque so it falls right off.

Anybody know of a dental office in TJ that has this ultrasound cleaner?

Thanks!
Mucho gusto!

#2 governor

governor
  • Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:54 PM

The dentist inside the grand hotel uses ultrasound.

http://www.americanbiodental.com/

I think it was like $50 for cleaning and xrays

QUOTE (snooky @ May 21 2008, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I prefer the ultrasound teeth cleaning devices since they are more comfortable to me than the pointy scraper things.

The ultrasound somehow blasts the plaque so it falls right off.

Anybody know of a dental office in TJ that has this ultrasound cleaner?

Thanks!



#3 snooky

snooky

    Site inspirationalist

  • Advanced Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:11 AM

Thanks Guv'ner!
Mucho gusto!

#4 Scribbles

Scribbles

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:25 AM

Thanks this site lacks dentist info this sounds like a good deal.

#5 xolotl_tj

xolotl_tj
  • Advanced Member
  • 12 posts
  • Location:Colonia Libertad

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (snooky @ May 21 2008, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody know of a dental office in TJ that has this ultrasound cleaner?

Ultrasound is definitely better than the old scraping method -- much faster and doesn't require anesthesia. A bit of a surprise when they hit the gum, though.

Many -- possibly most -- dentists who accept U.S. patients offer all U.S.-style technologies. Mine even claims to use the Waterlase (www.biolase.com). Dr Érico Carreño, one block west of the Calimax in Zona Río, www.drerico.com. Speaks English, takes U.S. insurance, excellent work.

Just one of more than five thousand dentists in the central area of Tijuana to choose from! I have recently interviewed a dozen more I could also recommend.

X

Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just. – Thomas Jefferson




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users