Sentri Denial

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aaaalinawashere

aaaalinawashere
  • Advanced Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

I submitted my application for Sentri and noticed that my application is taking much longer to process than my cousins that only submitted their application a few weeks before I did mine which seemed a bit odd. I recently found out after submitting my application that my father was convicted of smuggling (what I'm not sure) when he was around my age (in his early 20s) and was wondering if anyone has been personally denied or may know someone that was denied because of a family member's indiscretions. My record is perfect clean, I have had no issues with the law. Any insight in this matter is appreciated. Just trying to see if I should prepare to appeal.

#2 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

I have not been denied but yes they look into your past and most likely the past of your family. Having someone associated with you convicted of crime probably does not look good on you. But I could not tell you what the cutoff point is if someone had or a famaily member had past discretions with the law. Just remember they want to issue as many Sentri as possible but if there is any hint that you might be a risk then you will be denied. As far as it taking longer than your friend I know people have been waiting for 3 to 4 months to get a conditional approval notice. If you are in fact denied I believe you can setup an interview to ask why since I do not think that will be explained to you on GOES. Good luck.

#3 Zoe J.

Zoe J.
  • Advanced Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (HK70 @ Aug 13 2012, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have not been denied but yes they look into your past and most likely the past of your family. Having someone associated with you convicted of crime probably does not look good on you. But I could not tell you what the cutoff point is if someone had or a famaily member had past discretions with the law. Just remember they want to issue as many Sentri as possible but if there is any hint that you might be a risk then you will be denied. As far as it taking longer than your friend I know people have been waiting for 3 to 4 months to get a conditional approval notice. If you are in fact denied I believe you can setup an interview to ask why since I do not think that will be explained to you on GOES. Good luck.

Two to four months seems to be the average. At least, on line you can keep up with the process and they are quick to answer any questions you have aboutt he process with the online link.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users