Posted 21 May 2005 - 06:07 PM

Grand Hotel Tijuana
Blvd. Agua Caliente 4500
Tijuana, 22420 MX
01 800 026 6007
USA 800 number
1 866 472 6385

http://www.grandhote...lish/index.html

When you desire the very best. The locals call it the Twin Towers of TJ. Only the richest of the rich stay here. Rates start out at around $120 a night or go all out for the Presidential Suite for only 1k. They have their own golf course and Caliente Sports book all thier for you to spoil yourself rotten. It located a little ways out from the border. A drive from the border will take you around 15 to 20 minutes. Just follow Rev ave until it turns into AGUA CALIENTE and you will see it on your righthand side in a few minutes.

They always have some sort of special event going on so be sure to call in advance to book your rooms. Don't forget to book me one as well smile.gif

#2 mrsports

mrsports
  • Advanced Member
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:42 PM

I stayed there several years ago. The staff treated me well and had English speaking staff members as well.

#3 snooky

snooky

Site inspirationalist

• Advanced Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:48 PM

If you are an AAA member, quite often in the Auto Club magazine, "Westways", there is a coupon for Grand Hotel, for around $69/night. (A pretty good deal!)
Mucho gusto!

#4 George Costanza

George Costanza

Valued Contributor

• Root Admin
  • 1,429 posts
  • Interests:Discos

Posted 13 June 2005 - 03:55 AM

For 69 dollars a night this would be the best deal going in TJ
thanks for the advice Snooky
Tijuana is much more than Revolution ave
I am now George Constanza - Lord of the idiots :)

#5 diogenes

diogenes
  • Advanced Member
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:escapes to Mexico! And if you have a hankering to make some $ off the locals I am in the used clothinbg/used shoes business.

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:54 AM

According to expedia.com, the current AAA rate is $79 - the AARP rate is slightly less - $79( 1-18-2006 ). Check around maybe other sites have more competitive rates for members of AAA & AARP. The rates seem to be a fixed offering ( the offer - not the rate ). I looked in the current issue, and numerous back issues, of Westways, and couldn't find the advertisement mentioned in an earlier post. Anyway, your right across from Bob's Big Boy so you can complain to the politicos there about this matter.
For those that want to have a Champaigne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

#6 diogenes

diogenes
  • Advanced Member
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:escapes to Mexico! And if you have a hankering to make some $ off the locals I am in the used clothinbg/used shoes business.

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:55 AM

I meant $75 for AARP members.

#7 Chiquito

Chiquito

Pendejo

• Advanced Member
  • 1,221 posts
  • Interests:Drinking vodka while cleaning loaded guns.

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:12 AM

Watch out for the elevators though.

#8 diogenes

diogenes
  • Advanced Member
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:00 AM

Gosh, the defenestration of Tijuana! If only Prague knew!

#9 diogenes

diogenes
  • Advanced Member
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:29 AM

The current issue of the California AAA publication, Westways, gives a new LOW rate for prospective guests. $69 per night on the weekend, and $59, you read that right, per night weekdays, The offer is on page 90 of Westways.

#10 mjsantos

mjsantos
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:02 AM

I'm in Tj every week and i have always stayed at the Country Club in. its like 50 bucks extreamly quiet and safe. the only down fall is that they are extreamly anal about who comes in and who goes, so having "guests" is out. but its perfect for a family.
Around the corner from that is this one place thats like $600 a night...thats 600 american dollars the rooms are kinda cool if you dig the cheezy round bed, jucuzzi in the shape of a heart type stuff.

#11 diogenes

diogenes
  • Advanced Member
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 12:34 AM

In the previous issues, and current issue of Westways, the rate is still $59 per night weekdays, and $69 per night, weekend days. laugh.gif

#12 BajaGringo

BajaGringo

Who Knew?

• Advanced Member
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Fishing, Music, Internet

Posted 12 June 2006 - 03:55 AM

I stayed there several times before moving down here permanently. It is very nice, the service is great and if you shop around online you will find a good deal.

By the way, the hotel can arrange a round of golf for you at the course behind the hotel but the course is not actually part of the hotel. That golf course belongs to Club Campestre.

Life is Too Short! Adventure Out, Take Risks, Explore, Dream & Discover...

#13 Chamaco

Chamaco
  • Advanced Member
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Climbing, staying fit, and occasionally golfing (yea, getting old)

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

I've stayed in the Grand Hotel. Just a single room with a king size bed. I don't recall the price, but I do remember thinking that the Ticuan is not only lower cost, it's also nicer (newer).

It can be a little hard getting through the lobby of the Ticuan in the morning when all the gastric-bypass patients line up to get in the van to go to the hospital for surgery. The place seems to be the "in" place to recover from low cost Tijuana surgery. Not a big deal, but I wish they would have the decency to not die on the floor like one guy did a few months ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users