• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Buen Amigo

Buen Amigo

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 597 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hey people. Been a while since I have posted. Anyway. Wife and I have not been out on a date, or at least a grown up date in the past 3 years. Since this weekend my mom is coming over she offered to take care of the kids while wife and I go out.

Where should we go. Yes there are many places, but I want to hear your recommendations. She is not a big drinker, so no going to Hong Kong, or anything like that. Any ideas? I want to shoot pool. Not looking for a dinner date, more like a date to take our minds off the kids for a while.

#2 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

Hi Buen I was wondering what happened to you. If you like pool I like bar Triangulo which is a few blocks west of Plaza Rio. It is less trendy than Pockets more of locals place. They have pretty decent bar food as well. I go there to watch boxing and MMA fights.

On another note I was thinking about you when I saw Tucanes de Tijuana is playing July 29th at Del Mar Summer Concert Series.

http://www.delmarscene.com/concert.htm

#3 Buen Amigo

Buen Amigo

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 597 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

What's up HK? Yes I have played pool at the pace you mentioned. I liked it. And I was planning on taking the wife there as well. Basically we are just looking to get out of the house, and chill.

That Del Mar Summer Concert looks great. You can't beat the price of admission. I would love to go, but I can't take the wife since the reason we are in TJ are because of papers. So I have to wait, till Tucanes come to TJ. Or we get her papers. Whichever comes first.

Thanks for the tip/reminder. Have you been to the place they opened up on galleria hipodromo/Walmart on the second floor? I forget what it's called, but it's like an arcade, with games, bowling, rollerskating (old school skates), rock climbing, video games, etc. etc. etc.

#4 bombero

bombero

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

Take the toll road and go for a drive down the coast. Eat some seafood and get out of the heat for awhile.

#5 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

No I have not been to that place you refer to at galleria H.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users