Deported and stuck?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lolita

Lolita
  • Advanced Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

I had posted this question previously. But realize this should be a whole new thread in itself.

My BF was stripped of citizenship (for the stupidity of carrying joints in pocket, understandably US laws don't mess around).  He was deported with no chance of return.

Could someone in his situation possibly eventually obtain a passport and visa, or even (lets ridiculously suppose) a pardon? Or can someone petition him again to obtain citizenship?

ANYONE GOT A CLUE or knows someone with similar circumstance? I tried the INS site but found nothing sad.gif

#2 bajashrink

bajashrink

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

Contact the San Diego office of the AFSC. They have a list of immigration attorneys who provide free consultations on such matters:

http://afsc.org/office/san-diego-ca

#3 C-Lo

C-Lo

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:52 AM

it should say on the deportation papers he was given at the time of his release. It also depends on if he had previous offenses. Are you sure he was a citizen and not a resident? A citizen would not be deported, they would be punished by US laws. There is a really great website www.immigrate2us.com with tons of information about pardons, deportation and has 100s of people who are going through similar situations. Good luck!

#4 Lolita

Lolita
  • Advanced Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (C-Lo @ Aug 17 2011, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it should say on the deportation papers he was given at the time of his release. It also depends on if he had previous offenses. Are you sure he was a citizen and not a resident? A citizen would not be deported, they would be punished by US laws. There is a really great website www.immigrate2us.com with tons of information about pardons, deportation and has 100s of people who are going through similar situations. Good luck!

Thanks the AFSC website was helpful and they gave me some lawyer numbers to start off with. Actually he was a permanent resident and not a US Citizen sad.gif I'm going to do some research on this. Thanks for the site you provided. I'm sure I'll be able to find something.

#5 Tony Nor Cal

Tony Nor Cal
  • Advanced Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (Lolita @ Aug 16 2011, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My BF was stripped of citizenship (carrying joints in pocket, understandably US laws don't mess around). He was deported with no chance of return.

Did the police have a search warrant? Or did he give them permission to search his person? In California, the police need a search warrant to search a person, unless the police place such person under arrest if he/she commited a crime. Otherwise, the police CANNOT search your person without your permission.

If the police searched your boy friend illigally, I would use that againts them. You'll need legal advice.

Good luck

#6 Tony Nor Cal

Tony Nor Cal
  • Advanced Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:05 AM

Oh, and btw...

Fuck tha police!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users