Best Beaches for Dogs?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:American single female living in Baja for the past 2 years; 1 year in Tijuana and 1 year in Rosarito with my dogs. Not the typical American as I've traveled all over the world to 20+ countries and consider myself a citizen of the world.

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

Anyone have recommendations for a good beach for dogs in Tijuana or Rosarito for small dogs (less than 20 lbs.)?

#2 GaryN

GaryN
  • Advanced Member
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Baja

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:21 PM

In Rosarito there is a section of the beaches that are private or semi private. I know there is a large strip just south of the Rosarito beach hotel that I see lots of people walking their small dogs.
I think one of the areas is in back of the Las Palmas condo community.

#3 Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:American single female living in Baja for the past 2 years; 1 year in Tijuana and 1 year in Rosarito with my dogs. Not the typical American as I've traveled all over the world to 20+ countries and consider myself a citizen of the world.

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

Check photos taken yesterday. A friend lives near the beach south of the Pemex Condos. Weekdays are the best as there are few people. We encountered several dogs (including a large Rottweiler) and all were well behaved.

Attached Files

#4 bajashrink

bajashrink

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:15 AM

In Playas de Tijuana, anytime before 9 a.m. is safe. There's usually not many people or other dogs running around, and the city lifeguards, who enforce the leash law, don't go on duty before then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users