Ask 9 people an immigration question get 10 different answers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cyanide41

Cyanide41

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, anything with a lot of horsepower, anything with 2 wheels.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

If an american marries a Mexican in Mexico and wants to continue to live in Mexico for the time being. What is the best way to get the Mexican a visa? Some people say to get a K1 fiance visa because it is easier. But people say that you are required to live in the US after that. Some people say to just apply for a B1/B2 Temporary Visitor visa, but the nay sayers claim that it makes trying to convert it to a green card a nightmare down the road. 

Also, much like government offices in TJ, all of this stuff is subject to change at all times and largely has to do with whoever is reviewing the application. 

Anyone have recent experience with a situation like this?

Tijuaneses Americans in TJ drive like crap, Get your Mexican Insurance here.

#2 Daniel

Daniel

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

If an american marries a Mexican in Mexico and wants to continue to live in Mexico for the time being. What is the best way to get the Mexican a visa? Some people say to get a K1 fiance visa because it is easier. But people say that you are required to live in the US after that. Some people say to just apply for a B1/B2 Temporary Visitor visa, but the nay sayers claim that it makes trying to convert it to a green card a nightmare down the road. 

Also, much like government offices in TJ, all of this stuff is subject to change at all times and largely has to do with whoever is reviewing the application. 

Anyone have recent experience with a situation like this?

I've had several friends go though this.

1.  Do NOT get a fiancee visa if you do not want to move to the US.  You have to get married within 90 days and live in the US until she has a change of status, which will take months.

2.  There is a spousal visa (its somemwhat new and I forget the number) for those who are married where the spouse receives a green card at the same time she gets her visa.  It takes longer to get than the financee visa.

3.  Legally what she should get is a tourist visa.  I have never heard of a tourist visa being an impediment to a person later getting either a financee or spousal visa.

#3 nesterdron

nesterdron
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:12 AM

I cant have hit you in the eye, because you only have five. If history repeats itself, then what time is it on the equator?

#4 tj4me

tj4me
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:10 PM

If it's not too late try asking this question on the site below.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users