28 replies to this topic

#1 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Hi,

Taking the last week of September as vacation.  Thinking about where to go and what to do.  I have already been to and enjoyed Monterrey, Culiacan and Matazlan.  I am not looking for a place with a bunch of screaming kids even though I like kids.  I am single, like drinking tequila, good looking muchachas and active lifestyle.  Two of my Mexican friends say go to Guadalajara and get a hotel downtown.  Plenty of good looking females and things to do.  Let me know if any of you recommend any other places that you enjoyed.

#2 Buen Amigo

Buen Amigo

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 597 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

YES GDL is good.  Are you trying to stay away from touristy areas? 

Wife and I are planning on either Cabo, or Playa del Carmen.

But if I was single, yes GDL would be on the list, as well as Los Mochis. (chicas from Sinaloa are caliente), Zihuatanejo, it all depends what you are into?  (other than chicas)  lol

hey we still havnt met to grab a beer.  There will be a car show in playas this sunday....

#3 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

Gracias for the advice!  This Sunday I am going to the Del Mar Racetrack but we will need to have a beer soon. 

I have heard good things about Playa del Carmen and Cabo.  These two places will be on my list for future trips.

No not really trying to avoid turisty areas just looking for interesting places that people have enjoyed.

I can get a round trip to from TJ to Guad for $200 bucks on Volaris and hotels in the downtown historic distric run anywhere from $35 bucks to $150.  I have friends who have told me the prettiest girls in Mexico are from Guad. 

Yes you are correct Sinaloa chicas are very spicey...................

#4 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

Alright Guad trip booked.  $200 bucks round trip airfare and $443 for 6 nights in hotel in downtown historic district.  Hopefully a nice trip report to follow in early October.

#5 Cyanide41

Cyanide41

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, anything with a lot of horsepower, anything with 2 wheels.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

I am assuming that airfare is per person?

Tijuaneses Americans in TJ drive like crap, Get your Mexican Insurance here.

#6 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

Yes $200 bucks per person roundtrip non stop TJ - Guad.

This is the hotel I am staying at  http://www.hotelmorales.com.mx/

#7 Buen Amigo

Buen Amigo

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 597 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

looks nice.  Hope you have fun.  We will be here working and waiting to read a good trip report.  no matter how your trip goes.  share some pics. as well

#8 Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

Have you gone yet?  We went to GDL and I have to say despite it being a metropolitan progressive city, I felt like I enjoyed Mexico City 10 times more. Mexico City has drawn me to return on multiple occasions but I never really felt a desire to return to GDL

"YO heart BC"

#9 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Not yet another 2 weeks.

#10 Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Go and have fun, I hope my comments didnt't discourage you.

There is lots of history and nightlife in GDL and I am sure you will have a blast. We stayed at Hotel Mendoza right in the middle Centro Historico, it was quite confortable and they had a nice little swimming pool, plus you could walk everywhere and it also  had easy access to the bus and metro subway systems.

After about 4 days we rented a car and drove to Lake Chapala for a day (Gringo's galore) and then made the 3-4 hour drive east to Morelia to spend about another 4 days.  It was a fun trip overall.

"YO heart BC"

#11 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

No not at all.  I assume you are fluent in Spanish?  I don't plan on renting a car hopefully there will be enough to keep me busy in the areas which I think there will be.  I don't think I would ever travel to Mexico City by myself I would rather go there with a native speaker but the DF is on my list at some point.

#12 Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

Yes, I speak spanish fluently,  Although before coming to live in TJ my spanish was quite broken and full of spanglish, but it was enough to get me buy while learning more.

Centro Historico in DF is quite cool, it is a mix of tall modern sky scrapers and historical buildings.  In GDL, I felt that all the modern buildings were seperated in Zapopan from the historic center. In Mexico City and GDL, if you stay at the big chain hotels, there is always someone that speaks English.

"YO heart BC"

#13 Klort

Klort

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

Incidentally, I was down in DF last month and have the video up in YouTube. We had a fantastic time, rented a car, drove over to Chapultepec Park, the Zocalo, and went outside the city to check out the Teotihuacan Pyramids. We had a great time in el D.F.

#14 Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

What is your youtube channel?  May we see? :)

3 years ago we were in Mex City and rented a little VW Pointer to drive out to the Pyramids, renting a car in Mex feels like buying one (exaggeration) with the tremendous amount of paperwork. Definitely much easier process in the US. 

The pyramids were quite impressive and not that far from the city. When we go to DF, we stay at a hotel called the Maria Cristina.  Its quite nice and reasonably priced and 2 blocks from the main Paseo Reforma street, so its nice and quiet tucked into the neighborhood. 

"YO heart BC"

#15 Klort

Klort

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

I had the Volkswagen Clásico.. only $65 a week, automatic with air conditioning. Yes, they did try to twist my arm into buying insurance. No way in hell I was going to!

We stayed at the P.F. Suites in Zona Rosa.. very comfortable, all-suite hotel (not to be confused with P.F. Hotel which is owned by the same company). Refrigerator and kitchenette included. Very comfortable and I highly recommend it. The hotel was right on Av. Chapultepec and Pte. Florencia. Very easy to find. I didn't even need to take out my GPS while driving from the airport to the hotel.

Here is the video:

It even has the striking teachers camping out at the Zócalo.

#16 Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

Thanks for sharing man, I got a little dizzy with your fast camera movements on my 32 inch monitor but it was still fun to watch.  At 03:06 I like the sound of the Organilleros, to me that is so Mexico City.  I will be flying out of TJ going back to DF in December to watch my San Antonio Spurs play a regular season basketball game against Minnesota Timberwolves at the newly built Mexico City Arena. It's their first time playing a regular season game out of the US (only played pre-season games before in DF and Monterrey) so I am quite excited to go.

Maybe we'll make the drive down to Taxco, Guerrero also if there is time.  I might look into staying at the PF as it seemed roomy and comfortable in your video.   

Thanks again for sharing. 

"YO heart BC"

#17 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

Chekcing in from Guadalajara.  Arrived Sunday so today is full day number 2.  I love Guadalajara!!!!!!  I am having a wonderful time. My hotel is right in the historic downtown so I can walk all over the place.  Today I took an hour and half tour of Guad for 110 pesos which gave me a little better overiew.  Centro is maze of streets with shops, historic buildings, universities, resturants etc.  I have tried a torta ahogada twice since being here and I am not a big fan.  It rained Sunday for a few hours starting at 5pm and there was a loud thunderstrom yesterday for a few hours starting at 5pm.  I have not seen or heard a thunderstrom like that since I lived in Chicago.  I am still searching for the blue & green eyed natural blond Guadalajara women that my friends told me about.

#18 Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

You've been riding around in the Tapatio tour buses eh?

In the Centro Historico, I don't remember seeing many blue eyed gueras, but they were all over the place at the Plaza Andares Mall which is in the upscale modern part of the city called Puerta de Hierro, try there. When you see the Porche and Mercedez dealerships, you will know you are close. 

On the day we went to that mall, we also visited the Basilica of Lady of Zapopan and the Bosque Colomos Park which are also in the relatively same area. 

Be safe HK and keep us posted! 

Saludos from Tijuana/San Diego

"YO heart BC"

#19 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

Saturday I return to TJ.  Yesterday I went on a tour of Tequila.  Cost 350 pesos from 9am to 6pm.  We stopped by the Tres Mujers Tequila factory which was interesting and spent a few hours in the town of Tequila walking around.  I purchased a bottle of Centenario Reposado for 144 pesos which I think is about half what I would have paid in TJ.  Also bought a bottle of Tres Mujers Reposado for 300 pesos which I saw in the town of Tequlia for a little of 200 pesos.  The tour guide said the best price for Tequilas will be at Walmart in Guad. Oh well I hope I can get these two bottles home without breaking.  I ate today at a resturant called La Chata which I read about being very good in the Mexico guide books.  I had enchiladas and two horchitas for 135 pesos.  It was pretty good.  

Thanks Miggi for the info.  I figured they were the high class girls only to be found in the high class areas.  Maybe have to check out those places next time.  There were plenty of nice looking girls in centro.

Guad has been a great vacation.  I have been here six nights and had a great time.  But it is time to get back to my life in TJ and the grind of working in SD.  I will say the nice thing about Guad is there are no beggers and I see very few homeless people.  I will return to Guad some day but there are too many other places to check out in Mexico that I have not been.

#20 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

Same question again.  I am taking the last week of September as vacation and looking for somewhere to go in Mexico.  So far my two favorite destinations were Guadalajara and Monterrey.  Thanks for any adivce!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users