Photo

Tijuana spearheads the change in Mexico?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

http://www.sandiegor...ange-in-Mexico/

#2 Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:American single female living in Baja for the past 2 years; 1 year in Tijuana and 1 year in Rosarito with my dogs. Not the typical American as I've traveled all over the world to 20+ countries and consider myself a citizen of the world.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Despite all the publicity about Tijuana and Baja changing with more industry, it still remains one of the major drug conduits in the Western Hemisphere (with a large # of drug consumption) and there is still plenty of poverty which suggests that the top 1% is not distributing the wealthy down the economic ladder. And Baja is definitely NOT the most progressive area of Mexico in comparison to Mexico City, Guadalajara or Monterrey. You readily see when you watch the news stations; the ones from Baja are more family, sports and religion focused whereas the Mexico City stations focus on a broader range of issues such as women's rights, animal welfare, etc. I can watch any in the TJ news stations for 30 minutes maximum before it becomes boring.
I'm waiting for 2014 when I can start Social Security and move out of Baja to somewhere more progressive-minded with a more diverse population and less Americans age 65+.

QUOTE (HK70 @ Dec 21 2012, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users