Photo

Obtaining Identification after deportation

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 twoandthreemake5

twoandthreemake5
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Helping my brother in law find a safe place to live until my sister can transfer her job and move there to live. He has lived in the USA since he was three days old! He received damage to his brain when he was 19 and and has had seizures off and on for many years. My sister met him 14 years ago and they fell in love and were married. What we did not know is when he was 20 he woke up in a strange home by the police and they charged him with breaking and entering. After he went to jail they wanted to collect fines but he had NO money...so they deported him. Back then it was easy to walk back across the border....since this time he has suffered an aneurysm and had brain surgery in 2010. Some how INS found out where they lived and picked him up three weeks ago. We are searching for a safe place for him to live ASAP. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

My brother in law is in TJ right now due to being deported. A family member went over to help him obtain all the paperwork he needed to find some sort of work. They asked questions and ended up at the post office which required his birth certificate and a bill of some sort to prove where he was living. After gathering the paperwork supposedly required the went back with a photo and they assured him this was the ID accepted everywhere! He is now being told that this ID from the post office is NOT what he needs to obtain any kind of job there. He says that this ID from the post office is huge and doesn't even fit in his wallet. Can anyone help us figure out what kind of identification he needs to be able to get a job and not be hassled by the cops! It seems odd to us that they told him that he only needed the ID from the post office and now they have changed their minds and want additional documents (bills from an address where he lives and it can't be a motel receipt...What the heck???). If he doesn't have the items needed in his name then he needs someone to write him a letter stating that he lives with them and they need to go with him and show their ID! Good lord it is Identification!! How the heck are people suppose to get ahead when they make is so difficult! Please HELP!!! angry.gif My personal email is dmorrislegal@gmail.com. We are in need of the info ASAP. We are also looking for a decent place for him to rent a room...it seems that many of the places there cheap enough to get him by are rented by the hour at night...WONDERFUL!

#2 Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:American single female living in Baja for the past 2 years; 1 year in Tijuana and 1 year in Rosarito with my dogs. Not the typical American as I've traveled all over the world to 20+ countries and consider myself a citizen of the world.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

I think you need to contact an attorney as I think most people on this board are Americans who don't have that problem.

#3 Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:American single female living in Baja for the past 2 years; 1 year in Tijuana and 1 year in Rosarito with my dogs. Not the typical American as I've traveled all over the world to 20+ countries and consider myself a citizen of the world.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

And unfortunately the cheap places are not going to be in decent/safe areas as well. I've found that anything under $200 is usually in a drug infested area. And if doesn't have any ID you need to get some sort of references as most won't want someone in their home without some ID due to the # of degenerates in TJ.

QUOTE (twoandthreemake5 @ Nov 9 2012, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My brother in law is in TJ right now due to being deported. A family member went over to help him obtain all the paperwork he needed to find some sort of work. They asked questions and ended up at the post office which required his birth certificate and a bill of some sort to prove where he was living. After gathering the paperwork supposedly required the went back with a photo and they assured him this was the ID accepted everywhere! He is now being told that this ID from the post office is NOT what he needs to obtain any kind of job there. He says that this ID from the post office is huge and doesn't even fit in his wallet. Can anyone help us figure out what kind of identification he needs to be able to get a job and not be hassled by the cops! It seems odd to us that they told him that he only needed the ID from the post office and now they have changed their minds and want additional documents (bills from an address where he lives and it can't be a motel receipt...What the heck???). If he doesn't have the items needed in his name then he needs someone to write him a letter stating that he lives with them and they need to go with him and show their ID! Good lord it is Identification!! How the heck are people suppose to get ahead when they make is so difficult! Please HELP!!! angry.gif My personal email is dmorrislegal@gmail.com. We are in need of the info ASAP. We are also looking for a decent place for him to rent a room...it seems that many of the places there cheap enough to get him by are rented by the hour at night...WONDERFUL!

#4 twoandthreemake5

twoandthreemake5
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Helping my brother in law find a safe place to live until my sister can transfer her job and move there to live. He has lived in the USA since he was three days old! He received damage to his brain when he was 19 and and has had seizures off and on for many years. My sister met him 14 years ago and they fell in love and were married. What we did not know is when he was 20 he woke up in a strange home by the police and they charged him with breaking and entering. After he went to jail they wanted to collect fines but he had NO money...so they deported him. Back then it was easy to walk back across the border....since this time he has suffered an aneurysm and had brain surgery in 2010. Some how INS found out where they lived and picked him up three weeks ago. We are searching for a safe place for him to live ASAP. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (Mary Ellen @ Nov 9 2012, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And unfortunately the cheap places are not going to be in decent/safe areas as well. I've found that anything under $200 is usually in a drug infested area. And if doesn't have any ID you need to get some sort of references as most won't want someone in their home without some ID due to the # of degenerates in TJ.

I don't need an attorney, just someone who knows what the requirement is for a citizen of Mexico to work. Is the postal ID enough? Is there any other forms of ID needed? He doesn't know who to trust. It is bad enough they consider him a Gringo/outsider because he is tall and pale skin color (for now)! As far as rent amounts it would be nice if we could keep it around $300 so they are able to save money so my sister can make the move there. They have a vehicle so they need to be able to park it in a decent area...I know that theft is high over there! Thank you so much for your input. Maybe someone will read this that knows someone that is a citizen of Mexico and knows the answer. I had NO idea this was a site for Americans.

#5 Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

If you have spent any amount of time reading the post it would be clear that this is not a site frequented by Mexican nationals and the issues you have are LEGAL ISSUES which should be addressed by someone with knowledge of Mexican law...not amateurs offering opinions. I don't think you will have success in getting free (and useful) information. No one is going to give that information about the complicated Mexican laws without asking for compensation such as an attorney. So don't expect to get any free advice from anyone in Mexico about your problem.

#6 anissasmom1

anissasmom1
  • Advanced Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hello and welcome to Tijuanablog.com! Wow its amazing how rude some people can be!!! Anyways, I have been living in Rosarito for the past 3 years. My boyfriend got deported 4 years ago. I can recall he had the same problem obtaining the proper ID to work in Mexico. I am at work right now but when i get home ill ask him to explain the process to you. No lawyer needed.... you just need to be pointed in the right direction as far as what offices to go to. I do believe he did need to have a Mexican citizen go in with him to sign a paper stating that he (my boyfriend) is who he says he is. I'll be in touch soon. smile.gif

P.S. I have a two bedroom apt which includes a washroom as well as gated parking in Rosarito. I pay 250 usd monthly. Quiet area and i never had any problems with theft while living there.

#7 wichogrande

wichogrande
  • Advanced Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Maybe someone will read this that knows someone that is a citizen of Mexico and knows the answer. I had NO idea this was a site for Americans.
[/quote]
Mostly it is for Americans,not to say that there aren't Mexican citizens writing in this blog.
Ha! not only can I say that now but I can prove it, How cool is that.....
Just went thru the process,so i can legally purchase a home in Mexico.

Seems like he allready has his post office credential (to show where you live)

Items needed for this process Birth certificate original plus two copies. 3 credential type non gloss pictures paid 80 pesos for six,that's the least they would sell me just south of the p.o.maybe 30 yards. and a utility bill (doesn't have to be in your name.)take two copies of everything. copies are only a few pesos, two at most.

Step 2. CURP at palacio municipal:
post office cred. birth cert(original) plus two copies of everything.water gas elec. bill doesn't have to be in your name, you only need one bill.

Next step IFE to get your voter reg. card. everything was ready next day for me except at this step it took 3 weeks to get the card.

By the way I am retiered naturalized u.s. citizen.born in mexico by way of chiapas.
he will probably have to re-stamp his military card if he has one in colonia morelos( everything I needed was with 3 or 4 miles of the p.o.

total amount of money expent 6.00 dlrs for pics. plus a lot of walking to get to know the city.

if you ask directions like I did be carefull and ask at least a couple of more people to make sure you are going the right way
pple were eager to help even when they clearly did not konw where some of the places where,as I later found out.

#8 Oregon40

Oregon40
  • Advanced Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

I am not sure if all your questions were answered or if he got a job but in addition most employers that pay into seguro want a paper that shows you do not have a jail record I think that cost us like 120.00 pesos and it is good for like 30 or 60 days I can't remember the address but the seguro office can tell him where it is. Also alot of employers want you to have the seguro card( not sure if I spelled it right) My husband was in the same situation 6 months ago when he was deported. He had never worked in Mexico as an adult. Also if you go to the seguro office they can tell you where to go to get all the needed papers and start his seguro while he is there. Their office in on Deiaz Ordinaz (again I know I spelled it wrong sorry) By the grand hotel. Also if he has all his papers in order He could try Peninsular Security they are the big building right across the street from the Seguro office go to the right side of the parking garage and the manager is there in the A.M's be their by 8 am and he might hire him if all the papers are in order if not he will tell him what he needs. They are hiring all the time for night shift guards for the Pulgas. The pay is bad but it is everywhere here It is like 900 pesos plus 300 in calimax coupons a week. They work 6 days a week 6 to 6. Also there is a place called the PitBull by the 5 and 10 that is like a temp agency for factory's They require all the same papers that the security guard position does they have buses that pick the workers up and take them home everyday and the pay is about the same as the security job, but they only work 8 hour shifts and Monday - Friday , pay over time, and have 3 shifts. My husband got a job there and has worked at the same factory for about 2 months. Also in Mexico you need your own applications you buy them at a copy shop for 2 or 3 pesos a each. Good Luck!!

#9 bajashrink

bajashrink

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (twoandthreemake5 @ Nov 9 2012, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't had time to log on here in a while. I replied to your PM with the info you need.

#10 lacie333

lacie333
  • Advanced Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (twoandthreemake5 @ Nov 9 2012, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try Immigrate2US.net He probably needs a federal ID. You can also apply for a Mexcian Passport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users