directions Rready lane

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jansurf

Jansurf
  • Advanced Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

I'm wondering if anyone would help me get to the Ready Lane in Otay?

Possibly just a list of the streets and right turn or left turn after each

I've been studying google and Map Quest for hours, and I got some good directions off websites, I made it there once but it would be nice to just have a list of the streets handy. With all the construction, I just want to get it right.

Perhaps just a list right after the three-way division:

Tecate/TJ----Regular San Diego (to get to the regular San Ysidro cross) and Col. Fed lane.

I know I stay in the Tecate lane, but after that I want to have a correct list of the streets.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

#2 Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:American single female living in Baja for the past 2 years; 1 year in Tijuana and 1 year in Rosarito with my dogs. Not the typical American as I've traveled all over the world to 20+ countries and consider myself a citizen of the world.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

I would suggest you use the Ready Lane at San Ysidro if in that area as the Otay Ready Lane can be a nightmare during rush hour.  Sometimes the wait time is longer than if you are in the regular lane. 

#3 Jansurf

Jansurf
  • Advanced Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

Good information. Thank you.

There are aps for my ipod that tell current wait times, and I try to plan, as my dog is too old to wait in line for two hours with no air cond.

I did use the Otay regular lanes,

You're right, they were longer and my car broke down.

#4 tijuanahopeful

tijuanahopeful

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:American Tribal Style bellydance (ATS), cooking, gardening, biking, contradancing, and aggravating my cat.

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

Yes, I have that app on my phone, also.  I plan to take my cat across the before it gets hot, and he'll be one of the last items to go.  I don't expect he's going be crossing back into the US much, though.  My Astrovan has A/c but I've never used it.  I don't like it anyway. 

#5 Zoe J.

Zoe J.
  • Advanced Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

He never did get his directions to the Ready Lane in Otay. I like that one better as it never seems as crazy making. I can only give directions from the Rosarito/Ensenada area.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users