Dog Animal pet groomer veterinarian

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jansurf

Jansurf
  • Advanced Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

I am here in Playas. I would like to find a vet close by so that I can take my dog in for regular checkups and good care. She is old and I want to keep her as healthy as possible. is anyone familiar with the Playas Vet Clinic (Dr. Fimbres)? I found a couple of others.

I am open to suggestions and comments if there is another. It must be in Playas. I am on bicycle and my dog rides in the nice dog basket. She enjoys it and it is safe. I have a 3-wheel bike.

Thank you

#2 Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:American single female living in Baja for the past 2 years; 1 year in Tijuana and 1 year in Rosarito with my dogs. Not the typical American as I've traveled all over the world to 20+ countries and consider myself a citizen of the world.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

Why aren't you asking neighbors or people you meet?  Hopefully you're not one of those Americans who sits inside day/night and refuses to interact with anyone.

#3 Zoe J.

Zoe J.
  • Advanced Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

Perhaps, he is. One of the benefits of these forums is to share information and make recommendations. Neither of which  has to do with being an "ugly American" or refusing to interact. It sounds like he is just getting his feet wet and personally, I like using services that are tried and true and recommended.

#4 Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:American single female living in Baja for the past 2 years; 1 year in Tijuana and 1 year in Rosarito with my dogs. Not the typical American as I've traveled all over the world to 20+ countries and consider myself a citizen of the world.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

That's exactly why someone should ask other's in the area.  Most Americans who live here are unaware that some of these pet businesses are run by people who have experience with dogs/cats but are not licensed as a vet.  I have seen several of these places in Tijuana so a recommendation by someone will guarantee that you aren't going to one of these establishments and paying for services by a unlicensed person.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dog, Animal, pet, groomer, veterinarian

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users