6 replies to this topic

#1 Keyno

Keyno

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 255 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:23 AM

Hi guys

Still around, i only visit TJ(once a month). Will be back to live in a year. Anyway, have a Sept. 18th interview for my sentri card. What i did over 30yrs ago is off the records, i guess.

later....

Keyno

#2 Keyno

Keyno

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

hey i got approved, the interviewer was Filipino with an attitude, and i stood my ground. Having you answer personal questions that others can hear is not professional. anyway, card is sent via usps, sloowww mail.

ciao

#3 Keyno

Keyno

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

What a weird feeling, walked past 1,000s of people, 10secs. later...ding dong, hello USA!

ghost town in here, forums.

#4 Cyanide41

Cyanide41

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, anything with a lot of horsepower, anything with 2 wheels.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

congrats!
Tijuaneses Americans in TJ drive like crap, Get your Mexican Insurance here.

#5 HARRY

HARRY
  • Advanced Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Congrats. I can't get one because I got a DUI. All I do is walk across the border but because of my misdemeanor, I'm not eligible for one. What burns my a$$ is that CBP hands them out to MX nationals like candy and there is no way that they can do any type of real background check on 99.99% of the MX nationals that they issue them to. Unbelievable.

#6 Inglourious Basterd

Inglourious Basterd
  • Advanced Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (HARRY @ Nov 22 2012, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats. I can't get one because I got a DUI. All I do is walk across the border but because of my misdemeanor, I'm not eligible for one. What burns my a$$ is that CBP hands them out to MX nationals like candy and there is no way that they can do any type of real background check on 99.99% of the MX nationals that they issue them to. Unbelievable.

Ex-criminals like you can still get a SENTRI card, sort of.

Buy a motorcycle.

That will get you to the front of the line even faster than a SENTRI card might.

The driver in the car you cut in front of might get pissed so be prepared to show a little class and hand them a $5 tip through the window which is something I might do since my trips across the border would be infrequent as I, if I move to Mexico, would not have to go into the U.S. on a daily basis.

Having a woman on the back of your bike while you hand them a five spot will double the amount of class to your person, not to mention the fact that the drivers eyeballs will widen just a little thus cutting you more respect cool.gif

I don't know...does anyone know if the Border Patrol actually allows, encourages and has a rule in place that permits, and mandates, the fact that bikers can cut to the front of the line without being penalized and chastised by the Border Patrol?

Your point about Mexican nationals who can virtually fly under the radar and obtain a SENTRI pass even though they may be Mexico's version of Al Capone is well taken. Several years ago I was told that the CBP has a tough, zero tolerance policy in place for Americans. Which means if you were ever charged (and not arrested) with a crime then that charge would automatically disqualify you from receiving a SENTRI card. I am not sure if the zero tolerance policy is still in place, but if it is, you just gotta figure that would rule out a large percentage of the American populace.

#7 Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

I was denied SENTRI last year for a DUI in another state back from 2003. Your record has to be spotless, not even misdemeanors or arrests.... but a DUI in Mexico is a slap on the wrist, I am sure many Mexicans approved for SENTRI have a less than perfect criminal record, its just the databases aren't talking to each other.

As far as a motorcyclist cutting to the front of the line, I did it every weekday for 3 years (excluding rainy days) and never had a problem with the CBP, just the occasional dirty look from disgruntled motorists...but what are they going to do, get out and assault you in front of the CBP. And I would never give any $$$ to a motorist, I'd rather give it to the juggling children or the elephantitis lady that hang out in the line.

CBP does however have a problem with motorcyclist getting to the front of the line who get stuck behind a car who's inspection is taking much longer than normal up at the booth, motorcyclist backs up and moves to the next lane. If you get caught doing this, its apparently a big no no. I did this once and was sent to secondary and had to wait there for 30 mins. Just wait for them to finish the car in front of you is the lesson i learned.

"YO heart BC"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users