• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Daniel

Daniel

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

My first computer was a Tandy TRS80 running CPM. Next was a network at work that ran business basic.

My first IBM/IBM compatible was a Corona (later Cordata) "lugable." It had an Intel 8088 chip and 10mb hard drive, which was huge in those days as many PC still only had two floppy drives.

#22 shane

shane
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Daniel @ Feb 5 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My first computer was a Tandy TRS80 running CPM. Next was a network at work that ran business basic.

My first IBM/IBM compatible was a Corona (later Cordata) "lugable." It had an Intel 8088 chip and 10mb hard drive, which was huge in those days as many PC still only had two floppy drives.

Did it run CPM? My Trash 80 ran trDOS had a tape drive as well as Floppy! I was a computer pimp as a kid... cool.gif

Got an IBM AT after running an 8088 chip, swapped out the Motherboard for a 268 chipset and had a 10meg MFM Harddrive.
After a while put a 386 innards in same computer case.. Hit the bigtime after that got a Gateway2000 colorbook 486sx only sx as I could not afford the math co-processor, Pentium 60, than a 90, 200 and finally a 200mmx, had a dual pentium pro server, went to a sun solaris sparc for a while, back to VA linux servers and now all I have is a Dell d620. I have officialy retired from UNIX on the desktop still run a asterisk server and a webhost on centOS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users