• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 elisa_in_tijuana

elisa_in_tijuana
  • Advanced Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:26 AM

Hi All,

I decided to join after coming across this website (that helped me out from a posting)...I am from the BAY AREA and have been living down in TJ for about 4 years now (still not fluent in lingo YET, but working on it!).  I followed my boyfriend down here, it was either San Fran or San Diego...and eventually ended up in TJ.  I would've never thought in a MILLION years I'd live in another country!  But since last year, I can finally say, I've adjusted and it now feels like home.  Just goes to show, the future is full of surprises!

I work in SD and go to school full time (Southwestern)...till I graduate next year and then I'll see which University I land at (or which one I can afford)...I'm heavily looking into SFSU, SSU or might stick around another few years and finish it up at SDSU....

there's my intro...

elisa_in_tijuana

#2 tijuanalunchbunch

tijuanalunchbunch
  • Advanced Member
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, sci-fi, music

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:28 AM

Welcome to the area, Elisa!

What are you studying?

jim

Somewhere between San Diego and Ensenada

#3 George Costanza

George Costanza

Valued Contributor

• Root Admin
  • 1,429 posts
  • Interests:Discos

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:51 AM

Welcome to the site What part of tijuana do you live in ?
Tijuana is much more than Revolution ave
I am now George Constanza - Lord of the idiots :)

#4 TJGringo

TJGringo

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:04 AM

Always nice to see fresh faces, welcome.
I love TJ!

#5 otayBill

otayBill

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:05 AM

Hello Elisa,

Its good to know you adapted to life here and feel comfortable. smile.gif

#6 GaryN

GaryN
  • Advanced Member
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Baja

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

Welcome aboard nice to have a womens perspective on things here in Tijuana.

#7 elisa_in_tijuana

elisa_in_tijuana
  • Advanced Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:31 AM

Thanks for welcomes everyone!  I am currently studying to become an Accountant (CPA or CMA)...  I've been working in that field for a while now and decided I might as well have a degree or two or three*-)....  Right now I am living in Nueva Tijuana, but looking to move to Aguas Calientes (or in that area) sometime soon.

***BTW, I just ate at BEVERLY'S BURGERS (rated Best Burgers in TJ in this BLOG!)...and now I can vouch on that too! I ordered the "sencilla BBQ" w/fries...muy delicioso!  If you haven't been, you should!  Shame on you!

elisa_in_tijuana

#8 otayBill

otayBill

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (elisa_in_tijuana @ Jan 21 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right now I am living in Nueva Tijuana, but looking to move to Aguas Calientes (or in that area) sometime soon.

Elisa, we are neighbors. smile.gif

#9 George Costanza

George Costanza

Valued Contributor

• Root Admin
  • 1,429 posts
  • Interests:Discos

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:25 AM

Wait a second, I live there too smile.gif and I know a few other board members live in Otay as well.

Beverly Burgers is the bomb!
Tijuana is much more than Revolution ave
I am now George Constanza - Lord of the idiots :)

#10 richsinc

richsinc

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 757 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (elisa_in_tijuana @ Jan 20 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

I decided to join after coming across this website (that helped me out from a posting)...I am from the BAY AREA and have been living down in TJ for about 4 years now (still not fluent in lingo YET, but working on it!). I followed my boyfriend down here, it was either San Fran or San Diego...and eventually ended up in TJ. I would've never thought in a MILLION years I'd live in another country! But since last year, I can finally say, I've adjusted and it now feels like home. Just goes to show, the future is full of surprises!

I work in SD and go to school full time (Southwestern)...till I graduate next year and then I'll see which University I land at (or which one I can afford)...I'm heavily looking into SFSU, SSU or might stick around another few years and finish it up at SDSU....

there's my intro...

elisa_in_tijuana

If you must barter your life, make sure you are living.
Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.

#11 richsinc

richsinc

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 757 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:29 PM

Another country?

Humans are nomads and have pretty much reached every corner and nook of the world. Be it Plymouth Rock or Henry Hudson or Germany, Vietnam, Afganistan and even the moon.

A different country is no big deal. People are peolple the world over.

Welcome. We do need more female points of view on this Blog. George? Yes, your fault. mellow.gif
If you must barter your life, make sure you are living.
Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.

#12 Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:45 PM

Welcome, San Francisco and TJ are really nothing alike, but they both have that big city in a small space, dense feeling that I appreciate that you don't get with San Diego.

But I do appreciate San Diego for it's preservation of natural areas including all the hiking trails and different canyons around town.

best of both worlds. smile.gif smile.gif

Looks like we have two new accountants on the board now!

"YO heart BC"

#13 Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:45 PM

A different country is no big deal. People are peolple the world over.

well said.

"YO heart BC"

#14 LinuxRay

LinuxRay
  • Advanced Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

Hi elisa, hope you like it here on the blog. I also like you have been here about 4yrs. I likewise have adjusted so much so that I like it here better than el otro lado hehe.

#15 sugarpaws

sugarpaws

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:oh! so many....where to start....

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (elisa_in_tijuana @ Jan 20 2009, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

I decided to join after coming across this website (that helped me out from a posting)...I am from the BAY AREA and have been living down in TJ for about 4 years now (still not fluent in lingo YET, but working on it!). I followed my boyfriend down here, it was either San Fran or San Diego...and eventually ended up in TJ. I would've never thought in a MILLION years I'd live in another country! But since last year, I can finally say, I've adjusted and it now feels like home. Just goes to show, the future is full of surprises!

there's my intro...

elisa_in_tijuana

Hi Elisa,
Welcome, from another female Blog member.
I have been in TJ for 8 years...wow, time flies! Four years is also a long time, I guess you are pretty used to the program by now. It is great that we are still so close to the Border that we can make it over to San Diego. This does make "living in another Country" more ajustable. It is always helpful to learn as many languages as possible, keep up the good work! wink.gif

#16 jonerich

jonerich
  • Advanced Member
  • 112 posts
  • Location:Boynton Beach fl, Chicago il, San Clemente ca, Zona Rio mx, Bangkok TH
  • Interests:Surfing,Music,Movies,Computers,Travel,Food.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (elisa_in_tijuana @ Jan 21 2009, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

there's my intro...

elisa_in_tijuana

Welcome to the Board this is a great source of info!!
Happiness in Intelligent People is the Rarest thing I know. (Ernest Hemingway)

#17 bigloudj

bigloudj

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:23 PM

If you are now boyfriendless and need a burger buddy I have NOT been to the burger place, I have no idea where it would be and I have been in TJ for 3 yrs....Los Altos.....

Hell you can still have your boyfriend and we can be "secret" burger buddies... ohmy.gif

and yes, I do look just like my avatar..... rolleyes.gif

#18 GaryN

GaryN
  • Advanced Member
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Baja

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

Biglou is always hitting on the girls here smile.gif If you do look like your avatar i don't want to be on your bad side smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users