#21 richsinc

richsinc

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 757 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:05 PM

Liz P;

Welcome.

The trolley ride to downtown SD is 40 minutes all by itself.
If you must barter your life, make sure you are living.
Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.

#22 Tcat

Tcat

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:01 AM

Hey Sugarpaws... your roomie willing to take a few bucks to help direct getting all my stuff from place of purchase to my new place in Otay Mesa?

I think it was Liz P. on bike and Playas... I've be a pedal guy of serious form from tricycle at 3 yo til my last mtn. bike accident in this century at age 49.

Lance Armstrong would not take on Playas with anything short of a re-enforced hummer. Promise. It was very temping in my search. One visit KILLED that idea. I still got a bike with pedals and would NOT even in my wildest dreams consider that for a border crossing.

That is why I moved to Otay Mesa.

HTH --- Tcat

#23 sugarpaws

sugarpaws

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:oh! so many....where to start....

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:29 AM

Hey Tcat! I already private messaged you, get back to me whenever you have the chance, he will be happy to help, just depends on the logistics.

#24 Tcat

Tcat

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:13 AM

Thanks Sugarpaws. done.

#25 Liz P

Liz P
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Finding a House in TJ

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:07 AM

Thanks for the advice. It was as I thought. What neighborhoods can you walk across the border from and catch the trolley? I remember someone mentioned big blue apartment buildings...are these close by the trolley? Thanks!

#26 Scooby

Scooby

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:46 PM

(Liz P)
What neighborhoods can you walk across the border from and catch the trolley? I remember someone mentioned big blue apartment buildings...are these close by the trolley?
I'd guess that the blue apts are probably about a 10 min walk.

Lots of public transportation can be a short ride from the Centro basin areas as compared to the the outer areas.

Besides the tiny Col. Federal, Col. Libertad would be the closest area to the border crossing with a significant residential population. It is the hillside community to the left as one crosses into Tijuana. While it's a large colonia, part of it is very close to the border crossings walk through traffic. Not only do I find it to be a very interesting area, but there some exceptional vistas from much of it. I almost rented a great place there a some years back, but held out because cable internet hadn't been brought there yet.

#27 richsinc

richsinc

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 757 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:48 PM

Hi Liz P;

Live there and about a 10-15 min. walk to Linea depending upon your stride; bus every 5-10 min. for 50 cents.

Other apt. bldgs. nearby too; usually 3 to 6 apts. avail. in area each week.

Let me know if you have specific questions and read my comments on what I have said about Infonovit Rio (blue apts.). Like it here; just rented a new apt. a few hundred feet away from old one.
If you must barter your life, make sure you are living.
Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users