¡introduccion!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 fumarlamota

fumarlamota
  • Advanced Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:58 AM

Hola. Im a very white gringo moving to tijuana in about thirty days. Im a student in san diego. Mid twenties, divorced with a kid, starting over.moving from san francisco... My favorite activity in the world, is to smoke mota and watch 'jose luis', the mexican equivalent of jerry springer. In my spare time, I like to sunbathe in a children's size pool of creamed corn and make obscene comments to the people who witness said creamed~corn adventures, those who frown upon such vicarious behavior.. I really like the guy who tries to speak english to me on revolucion, who says 'hey my main man if you have hunger for the bacons and the eggs on this morning, my man, this restaurant is where you need to be!!'. I sometimes chew alkaseltzer and pretend to have a seizure because daddy never loved me enough so I need as much attention as possible. I speak french, german, spanish, and some english.... I am a wing nut from san francisco who still listens to the grateful dead. My son is half mexican, I think that therefore I am half mexican by default. Well thanks, and in the future I hope to type all this into a microsoft word template and print brochures describing myself so I can hand them out to all the hott chicas in tijuana..... Yeap

#2 bombero

bombero

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (fumarlamota @ Aug 9 2011, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hola. Im a very white gringo moving to tijuana in about thirty days. Im a student in san diego. Mid twenties, divorced with a kid, starting over.moving from san francisco... My favorite activity in the world, is to smoke mota and watch 'jose luis', the mexican equivalent of jerry springer. In my spare time, I like to sunbathe in a children's size pool of creamed corn and make obscene comments to the people who witness said creamed~corn adventures, those who frown upon such vicarious behavior.. I really like the guy who tries to speak english to me on revolucion, who says 'hey my main man if you have hunger for the bacons and the eggs on this morning, my man, this restaurant is where you need to be!!'. I sometimes chew alkaseltzer and pretend to have a seizure because daddy never loved me enough so I need as much attention as possible. I speak french, german, spanish, and some english.... I am a wing nut from san francisco who still listens to the grateful dead. My son is half mexican, I think that therefore I am half mexican by default. Well thanks, and in the future I hope to type all this into a microsoft word template and print brochures describing myself so I can hand them out to all the hott chicas in tijuana..... Yeap

#3 bombero

bombero

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:23 AM

I think you will fit right in, though i don't know if TJ has enough cream corn to fill your need.

#4 C-Lo

C-Lo

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:35 AM

that's some funny stuff

#5 fumarlamota

fumarlamota
  • Advanced Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (C-Lo @ Aug 10 2011, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's some funny stuff

thanks man....and dont worry about my creamed corn needs, people!! Cause last week I met a guy on the bus, in tj.... He told me he can get me as muuuch creamed corn as I need. Kilos of it, ese. For much cheaper than what I pay in the states. He said...this is the puro maiz, man, he said its the best creamed corn around. And if that fails, I can always hit up the grocery store in san diego. I figure i'll try to seduce some mexican police women into my creamed~corn pool, feed her my mordita, and then scream at her to get the hell out once we are finished. This is now my life's legacy. ps~ im not delusional, I must stress this fact.

#6 Cyanide41

Cyanide41

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, anything with a lot of horsepower, anything with 2 wheels.

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

Just go the mexican route and instead of creamed corn get corn kernels and pile on mayo, cheese and salsa. Be careful not to get to much salsa picante on your sensitive parts.
Tijuaneses Americans in TJ drive like crap, Get your Mexican Insurance here.

#7 fumarlamota

fumarlamota
  • Advanced Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (Cyanide41 @ Aug 13 2011, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just go the mexican route and instead of creamed corn get corn kernels and pile on mayo, cheese and salsa. Be careful not to get to much salsa picante on your sensitive parts.

hahahhaha.... Salsa picante! Not the only thing in tijuana that will make your genitals burn! If I have to explain further, thats a refrence to the wholesome young ladies who work the zona norte...

#8 jonerich

jonerich
  • Advanced Member
  • 112 posts
  • Location:Boynton Beach fl, Chicago il, San Clemente ca, Zona Rio mx, Bangkok TH
  • Interests:Surfing,Music,Movies,Computers,Travel,Food.

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

Welcome to the Board!!!! Be careful enjoy and your stay..... there are fun things to do every week with tourista libre please join us on facebook and lets party!!!!!!!!! (corn is optional)

Facebook:tourista libre

Blog Here:Chinn

Happiness in Intelligent People is the Rarest thing I know. (Ernest Hemingway)

#9 bombero

bombero

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (jonerich @ Aug 14 2011, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome to the Board!!!! Be careful enjoy and your stay..... there are fun things to do every week with tourista libre please join us on facebook and lets party!!!!!!!!! (corn is optional)

Facebook:tourista libre

Blog Here:Chinn

I like the idea! I made my way to the xolos game today only to find out they were sold out. But i learned a lot, which buses and cabs to get you to the stadium. Now i just have to figure the ticket part out. Yeah i would love to learn whats up those streets and I want to go too one of the large swapmeets.

#10 fumarlamota

fumarlamota
  • Advanced Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (bombero @ Aug 14 2011, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the idea! I made my way to the xolos game today only to find out they were sold out. But i learned a lot, which buses and cabs to get you to the stadium. Now i just have to figure the ticket part out. Yeah i would love to learn whats up those streets and I want to go too one of the large swapmeets.

Awesome, I added touristalibre on facebook. Yeahhh I really just wanna get pissed drunk wasted and check out a bullfight.... how much do they cost anyways? anybody know????

#11 bombero

bombero

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:19 PM

I went to one bullfight in tj when i was a kid and that was one too many. They basically beat the bulls down and then send in the matador to kill the bull. Whole thing was gross and left me traumatized

#12 bajashrink

bajashrink

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (fumarlamota @ Aug 15 2011, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeahhh I really just wanna get pissed drunk wasted and check out a bullfight.... how much do they cost anyways? anybody know????

If you go to the bullfights, it better be to root for the bulls. Otherwise you deserve to wander out wasted into the ring and get gored or trampled in the stands. angry.gif

#13 fumarlamota

fumarlamota
  • Advanced Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:56 PM

Thats uncalled for. So let me get this straight. If I chose to patronize a sport that is a tradition, an integral part of the mexican culture, you say I deserve to be subjected to great bodily injury, right? Right. Dude, maybe you can get a job with p.e.t.a. And while you're at it, maybe you can shoot some doctors at an abortion clinic to protest the idea that murder is wrong.

#14 bajashrink

bajashrink

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (fumarlamota @ Aug 16 2011, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats uncalled for. So let me get this straight. If I chose to patronize a sport that is a tradition, an integral part of the mexican culture, you say I deserve to be subjected to great bodily injury, right? Right. Dude, maybe you can get a job with p.e.t.a. And while you're at it, maybe you can shoot some doctors at an abortion clinic to protest the idea that murder is wrong.

Just because a blood sport that involves the torture of animals is a tradition doesn't make it right or moral, and not all Mexicans including myself condone the bad habits and traditions the Spanish ancestors brought over here. Last year Catalonia banned bullfighting and the same needs to be done here. Portuguese-style bullfighting is more humane, in that thick pads are strapped around the torso of the bull so that the steaks will stick to the pads instead of piercing the bull.

As for abortion, I'm pro-choice. The notion that an embryo or a fetus that cannot survive outside the womb without artificial life support constitutes a full-fledged human being is based on superstitious nonsense.

#15 fumarlamota

fumarlamota
  • Advanced Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

Its also inhumane to tazer an animal, hang it upside down on a meathook whilst still breathing yet unable to move, and be processed through a killing conveyer belt where its literally hacked to bits while its still alive.  Thats how most of us get our beef, in the usa.   I never said traditional bullfights were humane.  But its a tradition nonetheless. Moreover, to insinuate that people who patronize bullfights deserve to be subjected to what is essentially grievous bodily injury, is hypocritical at the very least.  Hence my point about killing abortion doctors. Although I was not actually speculating on pro~life or pro~choice politics.....

#16 bajashrink

bajashrink

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (fumarlamota @ Aug 16 2011, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its also inhumane to tazer an animal, hang it upside down on a meathook whilst still breathing yet unable to move, and be processed through a killing conveyer belt where its literally hacked to bits while its still alive. Thats how most of us get our beef, in the usa.

Other types of livestock are abused in similar ways also. I don't eat meat, but I don't oppose others killing animals for food as long as it's done as swiftly, painlessly, and humanely as possible. Nature is predatory, and needless-to-say there are a number of animal species that will mame, kill, and eat homosapiens.
I never said traditional bullfights were humane. But its a tradition nonetheless. Moreover, to insinuate that people who patronize bullfights deserve to be subjected to what is essentially grievous bodily injury, is hypocritical at the very least.

Except for kids who are forced to go to bullfights with their parents, I disagree with your last sentence. I doubt if you caught someone in the act of torturing one of your pets, that you would not be inclined to inflict bodily harm on such a savage. Torturing bulls for a living or paying to go see such glorified animal abuse is sick and barbaric, and I have no sympathy for matadors and paying spectators who get gored or trampled by those defenseless animals.

#17 Cyanide41

Cyanide41

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, anything with a lot of horsepower, anything with 2 wheels.

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (bajashrink @ Aug 16 2011, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have no sympathy for matadors and paying spectators who get gored or trampled by those defenseless animals.

If they are goring and trampling, then they aren't exactly defenseless.

While Bajashrink and I don't exactly see eye to eye about las corridas, I share his lack of sympathy for toreos who catch a horn. They should have been better bullfighters.
Tijuaneses Americans in TJ drive like crap, Get your Mexican Insurance here.

#18 fumarlamota

fumarlamota
  • Advanced Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:58 AM

Anyways, I dont want this to be some animal rights discussion. Does anybody know anything about torres del lagos?  I have seen really cheap apartments down there...

#19 Antonina24

Antonina24
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:08 AM

Good luck in TJ bro

#20 Chiquito

Chiquito

Pendejo

• Advanced Member
  • 1,221 posts
  • Interests:Drinking vodka while cleaning loaded guns.

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:21 AM

I haven't checked in here in a few years as I don't go to Tijuana much anymore.  When I lived there I knew someone in Torres del Lago.  I didn't care for it much there, a bit too dirty and high crime for my gringo sensibilities.  If I was still there I'd rent you a room.  I kind of like the idea of sitting in a vat of creamed corn (maybe better frijolitos) and screaming at passerby.

Bullfighting is a dying tradition in Mexico.  (Hey look!  A pun!)  When I lived near the ring in Playas the season often closed early both do to lack of attendance and heavy protests by Mexican animal rights activists.  Most, certainly not all, modern US slaughterhouses are designed to keep the animals calm until the last moment, then they usually don't know what hit them.  No need or advantage to torturing them and makes the job harder physically for those who work there when the animals are freaking out.  I hate the torture of animals but love my carne and pollo asado.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users