• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 travelernorth3

travelernorth3
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

Hi,

Can someone help me find a way to CA? I live in Baja Sur, flights are too expensive, I need to be in CA no later than Oct 20th. Willing to share expenses.
I am woman 68 yrs young, pensioned, hope to see mom for her 89th birthday.

thanks.

#2 4freedom

4freedom
  • Advanced Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE (travelernorth3 @ Oct 1 2011, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Can someone help me find a way to CA? I live in Baja Sur, flights are too expensive, I need to be in CA no later than Oct 20th.  Willing to share expenses.
I am woman 68 yrs young, pensioned, hope to see mom for her 89th birthday.  

thanks.

Well There is a taxi service in San Yisidro next to the green line trolly stop.

It's $25 from TJ to LA. There across the street inbetween jack in the box and mc. Donald's.  in the pay by day parking lot there.

Good luck

#3 Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (4freedom @ Sep 13 2012, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's $25 from TJ to LA. There across the street inbetween jack in the box and mc. Donald's. in the pay by day parking lot there.

Good luck

That's a great deal... i once spent $30 one of those taxis that hangs out on the overpass in San Ysidro and took it to the East Village in Downtown SD because I missed the last trolley of the night. I have never taken one again.

"YO heart BC"

#4 Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Miggiesmallz- TEXMEX

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (4freedom @ Sep 13 2012, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's $25 from TJ to LA. There across the street inbetween jack in the box and mc. Donald's. in the pay by day parking lot there.

Good luck

That's a great deal... i once spent $30 one of those taxis that hangs out on the overpass in San Ysidro and took it to the East Village in Downtown SD because I missed the last trolley of the night. I have never taken one again.

"YO heart BC"

#5 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

That deal sounds too good to be true. I have taken a taxi from the border to Iris trolley stop when I used to live near there and it was at least $11 -$12 bucks.

#6 Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:American single female living in Baja for the past 2 years; 1 year in Tijuana and 1 year in Rosarito with my dogs. Not the typical American as I've traveled all over the world to 20+ countries and consider myself a citizen of the world.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

I agree and I would be extra cautious about that price if I were a female. Usually when something seems too good to be true...usually it is...just like any scam.

#7 HARRY

HARRY
  • Advanced Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (4freedom @ Sep 13 2012, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good luck

$25 might cover the cost of gas. I would be leary of such an offer. A little research and one can actually map out public transportation from San Ysidro, all the way up to LA.
I know that a $5 day pass can get me through SD County and up to the Orange County line. If you have an entire day and plan it right, you can get up there for pennies on the dollar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users