• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PEÑA FILM

PEÑA FILM
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Hello everyone,

My name is Daniel. I am a photographer from San Diego. I just discovered this site and wanted to share some of my photography that I've been shooting in Tijuana. I really started discovering the city about a year and a half ago. I started wandering around documenting the city. Here's my work : http://www.penafilm....oject/tijuana-/

Also, I had a question for everybody. Where can I find street performers in Tijuana? I started a project where I record audio sessions and photograph street musicians from various cities around the world. I know that there's some people that perform along the border line entering the u.s. & there's usually people playing on buses.

If anybody knows any spots where I can find people to document fro this new project it would be greatly appreciated.  You can view that project here to get an idea of what I am looking for : http://www.penafilm....t/sight--sound/

Thanks!

#2 Klort

Klort

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 370 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

You might see street performers on Avenida Revolucíon... it's the tourist-oriented part of Tijuana.

#3 Keyno

Keyno

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

wondering what happened to my car, ha

#4 Cyanide41

Cyanide41

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, anything with a lot of horsepower, anything with 2 wheels.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

nice shots. For what it's worth, I am currently on a MAC OSX10.7 using firefox 19.0.2 and your site formatting does not agree with my system.

I see a lot of performers in playas at the main intersection where Calimax is. Also, a lot on Casa blanca (keep north east on j. couthier after passing Macro plaza). There is a guy who dresses like a tiger that dances and juggles.
Tijuaneses Americans in TJ drive like crap, Get your Mexican Insurance here.

#5 HK70

HK70

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

As said above calle Revolucion by the arch. Calle Coahula in zona norte has some musicians that play all night long.

#6 PEÑA FILM

PEÑA FILM
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

Thanks for the feedback! I would have never thought to search for street performers in playas. Time to go document more street musicians in Tijuana and I'll post the results on here later on.

#7 bajashrink

bajashrink

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

"Welcome to the New Berlin Wall".

How did you come up with that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users