My Intro

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Rrekk

Rrekk
  • Advanced Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:06 AM

Hey guys.  Name is Justin.  I'm 29 and will be relocating from Idaho to the San Diego/TJ area in aprox 6 weeks for my job.  I plan on living in Tijuana so as to deflect some of the cost of living prices in San Diego.  I've been lurking on the boards for the last couple months and have read a lot of useful information.  I've made a couple week long trips down to TJ as well and have gotten some ideas based on recommendations from this board on where I'll be attempting to secure an apartment.  As the deadline for my relocation gets closer I'm sure questions will crop up, hopefully you all will be able to assist with anything, and as I live in TJ and get accustomed to that area I can pass the knowledge I obtain onto others.

#2 George Costanza

George Costanza

Valued Contributor

• Root Admin
  • 1,429 posts
  • Interests:Discos

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:00 AM

Welcome let us know if you have any questions we will be glad to help. Its a small community here but always glad to help a fellow member.
Tijuana is much more than Revolution ave
I am now George Constanza - Lord of the idiots :)

#3 jdcs167

jdcs167

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:biking, going out, creative

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:38 AM

Welcome to TJ, it will be different from IDAHO. Like not a whole lot of potatoes (did I spell that right ?)

Anyways welcome and hope you enjoy your time here.

Hank

#4 diogenes

diogenes
  • Advanced Member
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:escapes to Mexico! And if you have a hankering to make some $ off the locals I am in the used clothinbg/used shoes business.

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (jdcs167 @ Sep 9 2008, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome to TJ, it will be different from IDAHO. Like not a whole lot of potatoes (did I spell that right ?)

Anyways welcome and hope you enjoy your time here.

Hank

Ask Dan Quayle. He's an authority on that matter.
For those that want to have a Champaigne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

#5 BajaGringo

BajaGringo

Who Knew?

• Validating
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Fishing, Music, Internet

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:35 PM

Now wouldn't have George W. Bush and Dan Quayle made a fun ticket???

rolleyes.gif

Life is Too Short! Adventure Out, Take Risks, Explore, Dream & Discover...

#6 tjorbust

tjorbust
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (BajaGringo @ Jun 2 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now wouldn't have George W. Bush and Dan Quayle made a fun ticket???

rolleyes.gif

haha, that would've been just too funny!!! dumb and dumberer

#7 tijuanahopeful

tijuanahopeful

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:American Tribal Style bellydance (ATS), cooking, gardening, biking, contradancing, and aggravating my cat.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

My name is Sue, I live in San Diego, and I'm planning to move to Tijuana this summer. I'm on SS, work part time, and have two cats. It's getting harder and harder to live in San Diego, and at this point in time, I'm struggling so much that I decided to move.

I've been to TJ numerous times, but just across the border to buy medication. I'm in the process of researching out areas to live in, and will be looking for a duplex or a cottage. I have some things to take care of, and hope to start looking for a place to live after Memorial Day.

Any help would be appreciated.

#8 Jansurf

Jansurf
  • Advanced Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

Hi my name is Jan.
I just moved to Playas.
I do not have any family or friends down here and my dog understands Spanish a little bit better than I do. Needless to say I feel pretty helpless. Thankfully the Mexican people are very tolerant and helpful.
This site is the best thing that's happened to me. I'm soaking up all the fantastic info. My transition is not complete.
I surf pretty much every day. I play music and I sing.
I will test the true Hispanic tolerance when I set my amp out on the sidewalk and crank out some Beatles. I'm hoping the good people of Playas have not heard the Beatles, so I can claim the tunes as my own. I hope everyone is not too judgemental and there is refrain from deporting me right away.
My biggest question is visas (not the plastic kind, either)
I'm sure that topic has been addressed, but if anyone has a quick link, great!
I don't think a tourist card is for me, as I would have to surrender it every other day, since I work in the US.
Thanks in advance

#9 Jansurf

Jansurf
  • Advanced Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

I found the answer to my 'visa' question.. . . Dah
I'm practicing at being a true blonde

#10 Cyanide41

Cyanide41

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, anything with a lot of horsepower, anything with 2 wheels.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

Hi my name is Jan.
I just moved to Playas.
I do not have any family or friends down here and my dog understands Spanish a little bit better than I do. Needless to say I feel pretty helpless. Thankfully the Mexican people are very tolerant and helpful.
This site is the best thing that's happened to me. I'm soaking up all the fantastic info. My transition is not complete.
I surf pretty much every day. I play music and I sing.
I will test the true Hispanic tolerance when I set my amp out on the sidewalk and crank out some Beatles. I'm hoping the good people of Playas have not heard the Beatles, so I can claim the tunes as my own. I hope everyone is not too judgemental and there is refrain from deporting me right away.
My biggest question is visas (not the plastic kind, either)
I'm sure that topic has been addressed, but if anyone has a quick link, great!
I don't think a tourist card is for me, as I would have to surrender it every other day, since I work in the US.
Thanks in advance

Hi Jan, This really should have been a new thread, but that's alright. MOST of us are pretty laid back here.  Don't worry about cranking your music too loud. I assure you it will not be long until you are lying in your bed at 2am and feel like Banda Rocoditos is in your room with you playing. Such is TJ.  As for a visa, technically as long as you cross the border every 72 hours you are fine as long as you stay north of Ensenada. I have never heard of anyone turning in a tourist visa. If you want a resident visa, call Alejandra (661)612-2423. She is out of Rosarito, but she comes up to Tijuana weekly. She speaks English and is a very nice lady who can help cut through the government BS. (which there is always a lot of)

Tijuaneses Americans in TJ drive like crap, Get your Mexican Insurance here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users