New here!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Oregon40

Oregon40
  • Advanced Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Hi all!! I am 40 years old and have been living in TJ for about 3 months. I am an Oregon native. My husband is Mexican. Do to immigration issues my daughter ( 9 years) old moved here. We are from small rural town in Oregon so this is a huge change. I am finishing up my B.A. in Special Education. Hopefully done within a year in half. I speak limited Spanish ( learning more everyday), my daughter speaks less. I am looking for a good bilingual school close to Reforma. I am also looking for a Spanish class or tutor for my daughter and I. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!

#2 George Costanza

George Costanza

Valued Contributor

• Root Admin
  • 1,429 posts
  • Interests:Discos

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

Welcome to the website, I hope you get the answers you are looking for here smile.gif
Tijuana is much more than Revolution ave
I am now George Constanza - Lord of the idiots :)

#3 Cyanide41

Cyanide41

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors, anything with a lot of horsepower, anything with 2 wheels.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

Welcome to the site. Most (if not all) of the good private schools will be bilingual. I am not sure where reforma is, so I can't give you any suggestions. Don't worry, the kids in the neighbor hood will have your daughter speaking spanish quickly.
Tijuaneses Americans in TJ drive like crap, Get your Mexican Insurance here.

#4 lacie333

lacie333
  • Advanced Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Oregon40 @ Aug 5 2012, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all!! I am 40 years old and have been living in TJ for about 3 months. I am an Oregon native. My husband is Mexican. Do to immigration issues my daughter ( 9 years) old moved here. We are from small rural town in Oregon so this is a huge change. I am finishing up my B.A. in Special Education. Hopefully done within a year in half. I speak limited Spanish ( learning more everyday), my daughter speaks less. I am looking for a good bilingual school close to Reforma. I am also looking for a Spanish class or tutor for my daughter and I. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!

Hi, Just wanted to say hello as I am a native Oregonian.  Before moving to California I lived in Sisters...near Bend and I have a lot of family in Oregon.  I spent some time in Tiajuana because the person I loved was illegally in the US and went to visit family in Mexico and then could not return to the sates.  We had an apartment in Colonial Libertad.  He moved to Michoacan and came back to TJ a couple of times.  It was really hard for him to get used to living in Mexico again as he had live in the US for over 20 years....he had some kind of a visa or something for awhile and did not renew it.  Did you meet your husband in Oregon?  I didn't live in TJ full time as I am a teacher and didn't want to give up my job and I live too far from the border to commute every day.  If there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users