Business Banking

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 PLAYAZ

PLAYAZ
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:06 PM

Does anyone do business banking in Tijuana?
Which bank do you prefer or refer?
With English online banking?

I just opened an account at HSBC and the online banking is in Spanish. The person who helped me didnt know so I opened it anyway, but now im really tickd off!

Also I am looking for a good reference of someone to asist me with Sole Proprietorship docs, and also info on Secretaria de Hacienda y credito publico(SHCP)(SAT)

Thanks!

#2 the.ronin

the.ronin

Valued Contributor

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:39 PM

Try Santander Serafin. If you have a B of A account in the U.S., you can use their ATMs for free. I would presume the partnership extends beyond just ATMs. But certain banks have certain partnerships, that I know.

#3 PLAYAZ

PLAYAZ
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 04:42 AM

I also bank in the USa at Bank of America but even tho they say they have partners in Mexico and ATM is free, there is still a charge/fee. $1.87-$5.00 Santander/Banamex

So now Bank of America has SAFE SEND TO MEXICO which has no fees, you can send money from your checking account to anyone in mexico or yourself @ SAntander and a few other banks. So thats how I wire. NO FEES!

Well HSBC is a world bank I dont know why it has to be spanish especially online banking, this is really annoying right about now. But I sent in a complaint to the website, seems the guy at the branch was clueless himself.

Ive witnessed a few atitude problems at Banamex and Santander, so thats why I went to HSBC. lol but hope it works out maybe im missin the English link.

#4 the.ronin

the.ronin

Valued Contributor

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 06:00 PM

(PLAYAZ)
I also bank in the USa at Bank of America but even tho they say they have partners in Mexico and ATM is free, there is still a charge/fee. $1.87-$5.00 Santander/Banamex

Something is wrong there. I get charged absolutely nothing - $0 - to use Santander ATMs.

I would advise looking into that.

#5 PLAYAZ

PLAYAZ
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:51 AM

YES that page is in ENglish, but when you log into your account its in Spanish. I dunno..

Oh yea I guess im getting charged fees at BOA/Santander/BAnamex ATMS then! Thanks Ill check up on that.

#6 Scooby

Scooby

Valued Contributor

• Advanced Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:40 PM

An FM3 usually isn't required for personal bank accounts for foreigners except Bancomer (but may have changed). It might be though for business type of accounts. Each bank branch can have different policies OR different rules/ requirements depending on which employee you speak to (esp. Bancomer) and which side of the bed they awoke from. Can drive a gringo nuts. :roll:

Mexican banks are now foreign owned except for Banorte.
I'm guessing most the MX banks have web access, but I know for sure that one has an english version - Banamex.

Something that really DID impress me about one MX bank (Banamex on Revolution betw 9 & 10th) that even beats those in the US is there are chairs & numbered tickets so those waiting for a teller don't have to stand. Cool, huh ? 8)

#7 PLAYAZ

PLAYAZ
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:10 PM

You do need a FM3 to open a business bank account @ HSBC.
The account has to be in your full name with an FM3.
THe only way to get the business bank account in a "business name" is to get a lawyer and incorporate etc, seems like a lenghty complicated process. Ideally I do need the business name instead of my full name.

My FM3 is only to live on your own expenses with no work permit.
However I went back down to INM and told them I wanted to start a business, and the process was rather easy to adjust the FM3 to business FM3. Just fill out 1 form @ $23/ COPIES OF FM3 AND PASSPORT and thats it! I get it in 3 weeks!

I might have to switch to Banamex for english online banking then if HSBC doesnt work out.

thanks for the info

#8 PLAYAZ

PLAYAZ
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:34 AM

OMG I am going CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZY today!

Ok HSBC Mexico officially does not have online banking in English. I called International HSBC and they were more concerned than me, idiots! I chatted online live help, they said NO ENGLISH LOG IN.

I called all Banamex , nobody could help me since I spoke english, and I know when I go into the bank itself it will be the same!

Ok so if someone could find out for me some how....which bank has english online business banking????POR FAVOR?

SIGH~ YO QUIERO HABLO ESPANOL!!!!!!!!!

well I guess ill just have to translate the entire banking log in system@HSBC!
:shock:

#9 PLAYAZ

PLAYAZ
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:36 PM

:twisted: HSBC "THE BANK OF HELL" :evil:

#10 PLAYAZ

PLAYAZ
  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:17 PM

omg i was on the phone with hsbc from 9am to 2pm!
Finally got to the point. bunch of idiots! HOw can you be an executive and not know the services offered? :x
You people at the bank are clueless about your job! lolol

bye

#11 El Sabio

El Sabio
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for the post. It sounds like a problem that many people will encounter. I bet you could get around this by opening an account at a different Bank of America branch. Up here in L.A., they would have no clue about San Ysidro addresses. But I'm sure you don't need to come this far; I would give downtown San Diego a try. Good luck.

El Sabio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users