Jump to content


Photo

I hate remakes


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 George Costanza

George Costanza

    Valued Contributor

  • Root Admin
  • 1,429 posts
  • Location:Tijuana
  • Interests:Discos

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

I can't stand all these hollywood remakes
From Psycho to Willy Wonka and the Horror movie remakes I can't stand them.
I'll watch the original flicks over the new ones anytime.
Anyone else feel the same way ?
Tijuana is much more than Revolution ave
I am now George Constanza - Lord of the idiots :)

#2 BajaGringo

BajaGringo

    Who Knew?

  • Validating
  • 955 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rosarito / San Quintin, BC Mexico
  • Interests:Golf, Fishing, Music, Internet

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:05 PM

The only way a remake should ever be allowed to be made is if...

1. The first one left something to be desired
2. The remake can actually improve on the first one
3. The finished product is worth watching





Life is Too Short! Adventure Out, Take Risks, Explore, Dream & Discover...

#3 galvezis

galvezis

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 359 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Playas de Tijuana
  • Interests:Blogs, FTA, Sports, My Kids

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (BajaGringo @ May 22 2008, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way a remake should ever be allowed to be made is if...

1. The first one left something to be desired
2. The remake can actually improve on the first one
3. The finished product is worth watching

I disagree guys. I am a 1980 guy and because of that I missed most of the originals...the new halloween, chainsaw, etc. movies are great! I don't know how watching movies was "watchable" back in the days with all the low quality Audio and Video...just an opinion from a gen x guy

#4 BajaGringo

BajaGringo

    Who Knew?

  • Validating
  • 955 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rosarito / San Quintin, BC Mexico
  • Interests:Golf, Fishing, Music, Internet

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:17 AM

So you are saying I am old in a round about way???

angry.gif



Life is Too Short! Adventure Out, Take Risks, Explore, Dream & Discover...

#5 galvezis

galvezis

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 359 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Playas de Tijuana
  • Interests:Blogs, FTA, Sports, My Kids

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (BajaGringo @ May 22 2008, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you are saying I am old in a round about way???

angry.gif

... huh.gif

#6 BajaGringo

BajaGringo

    Who Knew?

  • Validating
  • 955 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rosarito / San Quintin, BC Mexico
  • Interests:Golf, Fishing, Music, Internet

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:36 AM

wink.gif



Life is Too Short! Adventure Out, Take Risks, Explore, Dream & Discover...

#7 George Costanza

George Costanza

    Valued Contributor

  • Root Admin
  • 1,429 posts
  • Location:Tijuana
  • Interests:Discos

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:43 AM

I grew up watching the early 80s Slasher films 2x1 at the Drive Inns, thats another thing I miss sad.gif
As I kid I couldnt finish watching TCM and Halloween was very scary growing up.

Galvesiz I doo agee the new Halloween movie was very good but to me it wasn't a remake but a different take on the original concept.
Tijuana is much more than Revolution ave
I am now George Constanza - Lord of the idiots :)

#8 galvezis

galvezis

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 359 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Playas de Tijuana
  • Interests:Blogs, FTA, Sports, My Kids

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (George Costanza @ May 22 2008, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I grew up watching the early 80s Slasher films 2x1 at the Drive Inns, thats another thing I miss sad.gif
As I kid I couldnt finish watching TCM and Halloween was very scary growing up.

Galvesiz I doo agee the new Halloween movie was very good but to me it wasn't a remake but a different take on the original concept.
You know what, I wouldn't know because I never saw the original...all I remember is a bunch of frontal nudity and knives...lol...


#9 Ryu

Ryu

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 544 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:58 AM

What I wish is that they remake some of those old 80's B-rated movies. I will admit, as a guy I miss movies which you really only see because you knew stupid, absurd plots with alot of nudity would be in in. The Movie Channel on 80's cable used to have this guy call Joe Bob's drive in at night. As a yound kid that was what I looked forward to seeing every week... in my room... with the doors locked.

#10 George Costanza

George Costanza

    Valued Contributor

  • Root Admin
  • 1,429 posts
  • Location:Tijuana
  • Interests:Discos

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:19 PM

Ryu
I think we were watching the same shows Cinemax late at night? I think the most popular movies was with Emmanuelle?

Gav if you havent seen the original Halloween you are missing out my friend. The old films used to shoot these horror movies was usually low budget for their time forget about the digital stuff they have now. That's what gave these movies the real "horror" feel. I dislike most of the new horror movies today.
Tijuana is much more than Revolution ave
I am now George Constanza - Lord of the idiots :)

#11 galvezis

galvezis

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 359 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Playas de Tijuana
  • Interests:Blogs, FTA, Sports, My Kids

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (George Costanza @ May 23 2008, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ryu
I think we were watching the same shows Cinemax late at night? I think the most popular movies was with Emmanuelle?

Gav if you havent seen the original Halloween you are missing out my friend. The old films used to shoot these horror movies was usually low budget for their time forget about the digital stuff they have now. That's what gave these movies the real "horror" feel. I dislike most of the new horror movies today.

Yeah, I guess u have a point...it does add to the horror of the film...horrific video, horrific audio, horrific acting...lol

#12 George Costanza

George Costanza

    Valued Contributor

  • Root Admin
  • 1,429 posts
  • Location:Tijuana
  • Interests:Discos

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:38 PM

You gotta watch the Original "Texas Chain Saw Massacre" produced for under 100k and one of the best horror movies of all time.
Tijuana is much more than Revolution ave
I am now George Constanza - Lord of the idiots :)

#13 BajaGringo

BajaGringo

    Who Knew?

  • Validating
  • 955 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rosarito / San Quintin, BC Mexico
  • Interests:Golf, Fishing, Music, Internet

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:27 PM

Personally, I think that the best horror movies are not the ones with lots of blood and guts but the ones that keep you scared of what might happen. That kind of movie will keep you on the edge of your seat so bad that you pee your pants to not have to leave for even a minute and miss what happens next...





Life is Too Short! Adventure Out, Take Risks, Explore, Dream & Discover...

#14 Ryu

Ryu

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 544 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (BajaGringo @ May 27 2008, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, I think that the best horror movies are not the ones with lots of blood and guts but the ones that keep you scared of what might happen. That kind of movie will keep you on the edge of your seat so bad that you pee your pants to not have to leave for even a minute and miss what happens next...


The scariest 80's movie has to be Nightmare on Elm Street. Succeeding one were more for laughs but the original was just the freakest movie I ever saw until the first Ring came out. Hide under the cover, got to go to sleep, forget about the movie, don't think about Freddie, oh shit but I CAN'T sleep. Freddie there. This was when I was real young of course.


#15 Chiquito

Chiquito

    Pendejo

  • Advanced Member
  • 1,221 posts
  • Location:San Diego / Tijuana
  • Interests:Drinking vodka while cleaning loaded guns.

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:57 PM

The best horror movies were hosted by Seymour and later Elvira late at night. Those were times when for some reason anything could be funny. <<Refer to 5th amendment of the US constitution here>>


#16 zunigan

zunigan

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 422 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:La Verne/California/USA

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:28 PM

Gosh I had forgotten about Elvira that was something!!





url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

#17 Scooby

Scooby

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 548 posts
  • Location:In the matrix, where else?

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:18 PM

I thought the series Star Trek was enhanced by the Next Generation.
The 3rd, 4th, and 5th spin offs just seemed to mimic a lot of the garbage we find on today's earth.
Sad. huh.gif





#18 richsinc

richsinc

    Valued Contributor

  • Advanced Member
  • 757 posts
  • Location:Tijuana, Zona Rio

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:31 PM

Not a remake but I think there were some sequels, the scarriest movie to me was "Alien".

But then, The Wizard of Oz" scarred me as a kid...

unsure.gif
If you must barter your life, make sure you are living.
Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.

#19 Invison

Invison
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:41 AM

but some of the remakes are very good to watch and are very funny .
i really love the remake of the film 300 and the twilight .

#20 jonerich

jonerich
  • Advanced Member
  • 112 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boynton Beach fl, Chicago il, San Clemente ca, Zona Rio mx, Bangkok TH
  • Interests:Surfing,Music,Movies,Computers,Travel,Food.

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:50 AM

And Drumroll please....... We can add True Grit to the list. Just proves theres no talent left in Hollywood!!!! You can watch the Orig in HD HERE

Enjoy
Happiness in Intelligent People is the Rarest thing I know. (Ernest Hemingway)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users